Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I think the days of players giving 1 good game every now and again.....are well and truly over....Players will always fluctuate with form, but some seem to take that to another level. You will see a change with this guy.

He won't embarrass players, just ease them out.

I think we have had some players that have capitalised on the state of the club and made a good living out of it.

Gabby has put his house on Roman Road in Little Aston on the market. £3.2m if anyone is interested. It's a strange one as he bought a house had it demolished and had a house built. By my reckoning he has only lived there a couple of years.

On the move from Villa maybe? :detect:

Gabby has put his house on Roman Road in Little Aston on the market. £3.2m if anyone is interested. It's a strange one as he bought a house had it demolished and had a house built. By my reckoning he has only lived there a couple of years.

Too much bloody money maybe?

I agree. This certainly sounds like the sort of frittering away of money in the prime of their careers that leads 33% of footballers to declare bankruptcy in their post-career. 

• Like 1

nope it's what usually happens. Demolish, build, live for a few years and sell for a profit. Probably sorting out his future retirement money.

Where's this advertised then? 

I agree. This certainly sounds like the sort of frittering away of money in the prime of their careers that leads 33% of footballers to declare bankruptcy in their post-career. 

Gabby has got a whole load of properties for what it is worth.

Please sell him Timmy. 

GTFO

I'm sorry but he just simply isn't good enough. I've never rated him. Still pissed off Martin O'neill didn't sell him and sign Defoe 6 years ago.

Edited by avfcwills10

gabby is holding  the club back,he is not doing what he is paid for ( scoring goals) fact! 

the team with out gabby is functioning better & scoring goals - fact!

if CB is sold the team needs to chip in with goals & if gabby takes a shirt he is stopping another forward from scoring.

would gabby get the goals like berahino? NO

needs moving on imho

Edited by cbr600rr

Holding the club back...Jesus wept

Same old boring shit about gabby, last game I remember before he got injured (this time) was spurs away, when he played really well, he then gets injured (again) gets rushed back (again) because yet another manager of villa sees the importance of him to our team, doesn't look anywhere near fit and gets slated by out own fans for looking shit

He's not going anywhere

Gabby plays well in fits and starts - usually 6-8 games a season. That's not enough though. If we had an offer come in I'd happily see him off, but it won't happen since he's just signed a new deal and is probably on all kinds of silly money that nobody else would offer him.

My take on this is quite simple. The fans who are prepared to step back and take stock of Gabby and put to one side, all of the villa fan/ loves the club nonsense that seems to endear him to so many supporters are the ones that do see him for what he is, and that is a limited professional footballer IMO. However when someone dares to raise this issue, they get pilloried for having the audacity for doing so. I can't help feel that any other player who had delivered so little for so long would have been hounded out by now. Take Andi Weimann for example, in my honest opinion there is nothing between these guys in terms of technical abilities, let's be fair here this guy puts in a shift every game, might not be enough I would agree with you, but does he get cut the same amount of slack as Gabby? Hell no!

My take on this is quite simple. The fans who are prepared to step back and take stock of Gabby and put to one side, all of the villa fan/ loves the club nonsense that seems to endear him to so many supporters are the ones that do see him for what he is, and that is a limited professional footballer IMO.

However when someone dares to raise this issue, they get pilloried for having the audacity for doing so. I can't help feel that any other player who had delivered so little for so long would have been hounded out by now.

Gabby is a limited footballer, what makes him worth the money he's on is that he's delivered so much over so long.

It's the failure to notice that fact that seems to get ignored. There are six players who have played more games and scored more goals for this club in the last 140 years. You can make the (exaggerated) claim that he's the seventh most productive Villa player of all time - I think you'd be rightly pilloried for it, but no more rightly than claiming he's delivered so little for so long.

Â