Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Would prefer to start Gabby than N'Zogbia

I also think its a tad harsh to claim we look better without him-Like almost everyone else in the squad, he's improved with Sherwoods arrival-We looked great going forward with him & Benteke.

• Like 2

Gabby comes straight back in for N'Zogbia for me, and if he's playing like he was before his injury, then I don't see any reason why we can't win all of our last 3 league games and possibly a cup final....

Him and Benteke were really forming a good partnership before the injury, and if he can chip in with a couple of goals on his return as well as Benteke carrying on his great form, then who knows how well we can finish the season?

I prefer playing the two attacking-midfielders behind Benteke rather than a front-two, the team has displayed greater balance and control over games playing a 4-3-2-1.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

i don't think Zog and Gabby are the same type of player. Zog has been impressive and i'm shocked that we haven't struggled like I thought we would without Gabby.

That's said I want to see him back and starting, I think having the choice between the two is good choice to have.

Edited by VillanousOne

We are scoring enough goals as it is. As long as Benteke is in form and the goals are coming, I see no need for a striker to replace a midfielder, it could make us lose our balance.

We are scoring enough goals as it is. As long as Benteke is in form and the goals are coming, I see no need for a striker to replace a midfielder, it could make us lose our balance.

Nothing wrong with out balance when we won 1-0 at Spurs with Gabby in the starting line up. 

Its a good problem to have but I'd rather have Gabby in the side than Zog, purely for the extra goal threat, 

• Like 2

Gabby will either score the wnning goal at Wembley or play a big part in its assist.

I hope that's not one of those posts that gets dug up after gabby plays a shoddy pass straight to an arsenal player and they score the winner from it :(

Gabby will either score the wnning goal at Wembley or play a big part in its assist.

I hope that's not one of those posts that gets dug up after gabby plays a shoddy pass straight to an arsenal player and they score the winner from it :(

I hope that the person that made the prediction can dig up your post and say I told you so

Edited by Killeen30

Would prefer to start Gabby than N'Zogbia

I also think its a tad harsh to claim we look better without him-Like almost everyone else in the squad, he's improved with Sherwoods arrival-We looked great going forward with him & Benteke.

Tad harsh? it's actually bang on the money if you ask me, i don't see this recent run of impressive performance as a coincidence that he's not been involved.. I have said this so many times, he's not very good at playing football IMO and we are a better proposition without him.

ok time for the tin hat!

Our best run of form under Sherwood has come with gabby in the team.

Stevo;  please has it really? come on be fair how would you describe the last 3 games then? sorry i just don't follow.

Stevo;  please has it really? come on be fair how would you describe the last 3 games then? sorry i just don't follow.

Well it's hard to really define form. he's only been out of the team for 3 games, one of which we lost.

So if you're only using 3 games as your measure, then our best 3 game spell under Sherwood was 3 wins in a row, in which Gabby played every minute.

Regardless, with him in the team we won 5 and drew 1 of the previous 9 games.

I noticed on MOTD that they said we played a diamond formation with CNZ up top with Benteke. Personally I don't think it was as clear cut as that throughout the game but either way I think Gabby can play the role alongside Grealish just behind Benteke or in a more conventional diamond and should come back into the side when fit.

He just offers more threat than CNZ.

He scored a brace against Sunderland, put us ahead against the Albion and was instrumental in the cup game leading the line in Benteke's absence. Also thought he was good against QPR and unlucky to not have a goal to his name in the Spurs match. He has undoubtedly been more influential statistically than N'Zogbia, who has played well in my opinion but is lacking an end product still.  

Â