Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Not one team in the league is worried about this guy

thats not true though is it, a few teams will set up with a deep defence because of his pace, arsenal being the obvious one, they always do it, im not saying that he's effective or has good games vs those teams but they do set up for him

we'd have absolutely no trouble selling gabby for around £8m if ever we wanted to, thats the going rate for championship strikers...

no championship club would pay £8m for gabby

rhodes & mccormack score a lot of goals in th

e championship, i doubt gabby would

went because for stupid money to relegated clubs

release him and be done with, let him spend all his time in the gym bulking up

• Like 1

Judge Gabby after Saturday ..... I get the impression he doesn't "do" friendlies !!!

I will judge him on the last 4 years thanks, cruising on £55k a week turning it on once every 3 months.

As for this loyal thing, no other club would have paid him the amount we have over the past 10 years, no other club would have put up with such sporadic performances, he has took the **** out of this club for too long. Comfortable I think the word is.

Offer him £20k to stay, if not he knows where the door is, His career will be when he leaves here, just like Vassell.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Judge Gabby after Saturday ..... I get the impression he doesn't "do" friendlies !!!

I will judge him on the last 4 years thanks, cruising on £55k a week turning it on once every 3 months.

As for this loyal thing, no other club would have paid him the amount we have over the past 10 years, no other club would have put up with such sporadic performances, he has took the **** out of this club for too long. Comfortable I think the word is.

Offer him £20k to stay, if not he knows where the door is, His career will be when he leaves here, just like Vassell.

You act as if he's a top striker or something that just isn't trying; he's not.  The guy has averaged 1 in 4 for his career at Villa (or, basically, 9 league goals a season) and gives his all for the shirt.

Whether or not he is good enough can be open to debate, but to class him as just being "comfortable" is lazy at best.

Edited by bobzy

You act as if he's a top striker or something that just isn't trying; he's not.  The guy has averaged 1 in 4 for his career at Villa (or, basically, 9 league goals a season) and gives his all for the shirt.

Whether or not he is good enough can be open to debate, but to class him as just being "comfortable" is lazy at best.

In no way does he give his all for the shirt.

I still remember his spell as captain under Mcleish, pathetic to say the least.

• Like 2

A poor player who has managed to fool some of the fans all of the time. I'm not one of them. Never rated him. He's an athlete not a footballer. Will be happy to see him go, though its hard to imagine anyone who would be stupid enough to buy him.

• Like 1

Don't really get the stick. He has limitations as a player which is why he's still here. However he's proven time after time to be an important player for us.

He's also been completely changed as a player over the last 4 years. He showed he was a good striker during the time under MON, getting called up for England. Since then he's been moved around and asked to be a different player, partly because every manager since MON has struggled to utilise the squad to get decent results and performances.

Yes he's earning a fortune, but that's not his fault. He didn't hold the club to ransom, he didn't complain in the press. The club agreed to give him a good deal and he took it.

I don't think he's ever not tried, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't mean he's not trying. There are games where he struggles but the majority of our current squad are at a level where they struggle most games.

He's not a club legend but he will be someone I think of and remember fondly when he's time here is done.

• Like 2

He is a player that performs for a maximum of a third of a season and goes missing for the rest. His highest scoring total is 13 goals which sums it up really. We might not be very good but we can still do better than this guy. I can't stand him nowadays.

Thing is, he's capable of scoring cracking goals and putting world class defenders on their arses.

Then he'll miss a kick entirely from 5 yards out.

He ain't the brightest spark and I get the feeling that his concentration levels are shit, maybe he's got adhd

However he's proven time after time to be an important player for us.

Doing it 4 times a season isn't enough. That doesn't make him an important player for those 4 games, it makes him a waste of a first teamer for the other 34

• Like 3

Not one team in the league is worried about this guy

thats not true though is it, a few teams will set up with a deep defence because of his pace, arsenal being the obvious one, they always do it, im not saying that he's effective or has good games vs those teams but they do set up for him

we'd have absolutely no trouble selling gabby for around £8m if ever we wanted to, thats the going rate for championship strikers...

no championship club would pay £8m for gabby

rhodes & mccormack score a lot of goals in th

e championship, i doubt gabby would

went because for stupid money to relegated clubs

release him and be done with, let him spend all his time in the gym bulking up

What I meant was that if a prem team was to buy a completely untested unproven striker from the championship, say McCormack or Rhodes then they'd quite easily pay £8m+, take ulloa for example or gayle, gabby with 10 years playing in the prem, our record prem scorer, would be worth more, we love in a world where Cameron jerome is worth £5m to someone...

I don't think we'd have trouble flogging him and we'd do ok in terms of value too

And I stand by my 1st point too, teams still set up to nullify his pace

You're forgetting that he is on £50-60k per week though. A wage that is least double what a player of his ability should command. Other teams will not offer him anything like that, not one.

Edited by Isa

When does his contract run out?

One year.

So less than andy Carroll and bobby Zamora then?

Andy Carroll was younger and had higher stock than Gabby and QPR aren't quite as stupid with their money now.

The reality is this - yes, he's our all-time leading premier league scorer. With a whopping 67 goals.

He's scored 67 goals over nine seasons. That's shit. Benteke is already on 29 after two seasons. That's a good striker.

Gabby is mediocrity personified. His main attribute - pace - is disappearing and beyond that I don't see the point of him being in the team.

I appreciate the hours he's put in for us but it's time to get rid. If he gets a new contract I'll be astonished.

• Like 2

It's not that bad, all from open play (no penalties) so feasibly could be higher.

I am finding it pretty difficult to defend him though. After his form since January and how poor he's been looking in pre season. Think this will be his last season with us.

• Like 2

Â