Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby will be 28 in a few months. He's one injury or a couple of years off losing his pace (there are signs it's going already).

This is a good point and if we are being honest, Gabby wouldn't have even made it as a footballer without his pace. He is already showing signs that this is on the decline so if you think he is useless now, imagine what he'll be like in a couple of years time. If he gets a new contract then it will be a decision that has nothing do with footballing reasons and everything to do with the type of sentimentality that should have no place here.

• Like 1

We need to find that fat scouser who took his photo after he fell over the advertising hoardings against Liverpool. He hasn't been the same since so obviously the most logical explanation is if we get that photo back he can re-absorb his soul?

• Like 2

Gabby isn't very good. He's never been very good, but the occasions where he performs have been getting fewer. He's now not far from being a complete passenger when he plays. Sadly, there seems to be little point to the guy any more.

He might be a villa man, but that wins you nothing over a season. If we could get £4-5m for him I'd take it. Even if wasn't put back into the team we'd be no worse off.

I don't think we'd get more than £2m though. I'll be very disappointed if we give him a new contract. In his time with us he's already earned twice what he deserved for a full career given his ability

• Like 4

Unfortunately Gabby has been going backwards at an alarming rate for the last few seasons; ever since MON left really. I thought he'd go on and be an England regular and score 10+goals a season; long periods of poor form and injury have robbed him of that blistering pace he had as well as the decision to bulk-up as much as he did, which seem to have affected his sprinting over short distances.

He has the ability to put in blinding performances and can be unplayable but those occasions are getting fewer and fewer. I think he only really put in three or four decent performances last season and the rest were forgettable.

I'd keep him but on a reduced wage, no more than two thirds of what he is on now. To have a seasoned. local pro around the place who knows the club inside out can do wonders for squad stability and helping new players to bed in, but he has been robbing a living somewhat for the last four years.

I think he'll be released at the end of the season.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

i dont know what good having a local lad who doesnt look like he's trying can possibly do for the club or stabiity. he doesnt look bothered and he doesnt look a premier league player. having him around as some sort of talisman could do more harm than good. i dont want the likes of grealish seeing him being held up purely because he's local

Just like a few others that carried the local lad tag he has wallowed in the lack of ambition of the club.

I don't really blame him as I don't blame the others....if the club had any kind of drive or ambition he would not of enjoyed the game time that he has.

He is a component of a complacent organisation.

Just like a few others that carried the local lad tag he has wallowed in the lack of ambition of the club.

I don't really blame him as I don't blame the others....if the club had any kind of drive or ambition he would not of enjoyed the game time that he has.

He is a component of a complacent organisation.

I completely agree that in this competition he is a component of complacent organisation, and not very competent at all.

I still really like Gabby and thik he has a lot to sontribute. Curse of long termer, nobody appreciates him anymore

theres nothing to appreciate any more though... 3 or 4 half games a season for the last 4 years. there's no contribution there

I still really like Gabby and thik he has a lot to sontribute. Curse of long termer, nobody appreciates him anymore

I think it's only because he is a "long-termer" that anyone still defends him to be honest.

He has help us get sum big results but that is the past. We need to be more expectant of the quality of players we have representing our club. Let's look at the attributes of a striker/wide player in reference to gabby

First touch: miss

Passing: hit

Crossing: miss

Dribbling: miss

Long range shooting: miss doesn't even attempt

Free kicks: miss

Penalty: miss

Finishing: miss

Strength: hit

Pace: hit

Movement: miss

Heading: miss

Hold up play: hit

Aggression: hit

Team work: hit

Footballing brain: miss

We all can see he is not gonna turn into the player we all want him to. If he isn't effective up front or out wide we should look to move him on and bring in someone who is more effective

Edited by dakid007

Will always be a villa hero in my eyes! 

Based on what exactly? Not being signed by anyone else since he  made his debut?

Just those goals against SHA would be worth it but he has been at Villa long enough through mainly difficult times so he has my respect.

Gabby is a Villan like us who happens to have more talent than anyone on here which is why he is living our dream of playing for Villa. He would probably be the 1st to say it's not been easy for him over the last few seasons but honestly under the tactic's of the last 3 managers I'm not surprised.

That said we aren't in a position to carry anyone, Villan or not so he has a choice either turn it around or face a spell on the sidelines.

I don't think scoring against sha or staying with the club qualifies him as a legend tbh. Loyal servant, absolutely, but he's been poor for too long and now looks like he either doesn't care or has completely let the game pass him by. Like everyone though he does deserve our full support when on the pitch, assuming he puts in the effort, and the chance to turn it around.

I just wouldn't be giving him a new contact unless he really delivers this year

Â