Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

The booing will be down to the fact he hasn't given a shit for years. The prat downed tools and turned into a fat waster when we needed him most, are those that want to remind of that numpties now?

I honestly think "numpties" best describes those who are prepared to give him chance number 137. 

So based on what I said in my post, some of you are still trying to convince yourself that the right thing to do in a new season would be to be booing players from the off? Effectively overriding the new manager, voiding common sense as well as demoralising the team? I hope some people also remember that their are seasons where he helped save us too. ONCE AGAIN, this is not me defending his actions last season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So based on what I said in my post, some of you are still trying to convince yourself that the right thing to do in a new season would be to be booing players from the off? Effectively overriding the new manager, voiding common sense as well as demoralising the team? I hope some people also remember that their are seasons where he helped save us too. ONCE AGAIN, this is not me defending his actions last season.

Some people really have a short memory. This is not a Gareth Barry or James Milner style BS during one transfer window after years of service. This is piss taking, squad disruption, changing room bullshit, taking your money, not trying, being a prick on social media, nitrous balloons when we're relegated etc etc... Year after year after year. 

If you forget all that after a donation to charity and a PR piece in the Brum Mail then you really are a mug (the general you, not personal Jamaica). Every boo will be wholly justified imo.

• Like 2

I don't think people will have forgiven and forgotten, but booing a player from the start of the season is not helping ourselves as a team in the slightest. We need a fresh start, to pull together, and try our best not to get ourselves stuck in the Championship. Creating a bad atmosphere at the ground is just giving ourselves another obstacle to climb over.

i would say the vast majority of fans want Gabby gone, but if we can't move him on RDM may have to use him as he may not be able to bring in his preferred choices thanks to the FFP rules.

If Gabby can get himself motivated he could prove a useful weapon in the Championship. He could even help us gain promotion. However, even if he did achieve that next season I would still move him on next summer, but it would be easier to do that on the back of a decent season and with one season left on his contract, than if he repeats his performances of the past season.

• Like 3

Hmmmm.

Tricky one.

I've never booed a Villa player,  (I had stopped going when last years anarchy broke out) but this bloke, Lescott, Richards, and, for his comments, Bacuna, were booed and deservedly so last season. I would have joined in. I  know I'm not alone in hoping very much to never see the 4 of them anywhere near a Villa shirt again.

BUT........if RDM were to assess them and decide to keep/play them it seems to me the only sane, constructive, thing to do would be to back them.  Appalling though the thought currently feels.  Easier said (although not easily said !) than done though, because there can be no doubt that at the first hint of lethargy, of less than 100 %, or even at the first unforced error, there will be plenty of negative noises, and looking ahead I can imagine it being hard not to join in.

As such whilst I wouldn't begin by saying I will boo (or otherwise harass) them, I can see it coming to that pretty quickly.  It wasn't any old set of poor performances, it was gut wrenching and humiliating, and it cost us a proud record and tarnished our status.

For these reasons I earnestly hope RDM gets shot.  I just don't see any of those 4, and certainly not Agbonlahor, producing enough, often enough, to prevent the negative stuff - which could then create an atmosphere similar to that we endured last season, which in turn could harm the whole side.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

ok so we go into the championship next season as a new look aston villa, from top to bottom by the looks of it, and by reading flabbys article, its clear thats hes bound to be here next season (maybe because nobody will sign him), but ye although i agree that no player should be booed next season (even richards and lescott) i still dont agree that these 3 oxygen thefts should be here next season, if were stuck with them, just dont play them. theyve had too many chances, no more please, its disheartening seeing them in the line up.

7 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

ok so we go into the championship next season as a new look aston villa, from top to bottom by the looks of it, and by reading flabbys article, its clear thats hes bound to be here next season (maybe because nobody will sign him), but ye although i agree that no player should be booed next season (even richards and lescott) i still dont agree that these 3 oxygen thefts should be here next season, if were stuck with them, just dont play them. theyve had too many chances, no more please, its disheartening seeing them in the line up.

Not on the money he is on with us and that is for sure. He will also not be moving anywhere else for any less than we are paying him either.   

Edited by John

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Hmmmm.

Tricky one.

I've never booed a Villa player,  (I had stopped going when last years anarchy broke out) but this bloke, Lescott, Richards, and, for his comments, Bacuna, were booed and deservedly so last season. I would have joined in. I  know I'm not alone in hoping very much to never see the 4 of them anywhere near a Villa shirt again.

BUT........if RDM were to assess them and decide to keep/play them it seems to me the only sane, constructive, thing to do would be to back them.  Appalling though the thought currently feels.  Easier said (although not easily said !) than done though, because there can be no doubt that at the first hint of lethargy, of less than 100 %, or even at the first unforced error, there will be plenty of negative noises, and looking ahead I can imagine it being hard not to join in.

As such whilst I wouldn't begin by saying I will boo (or otherwise harass) them, I can see it coming to that pretty quickly.  It wasn't any old set of poor performances, it was gut wrenching and humiliating, and it cost us a proud record and tarnished our status.

For these reasons I earnestly hope RDM gets shot.  I just don't see any of those 4, and certainly not Agbonlahor, producing enough, often enough, to prevent the negative stuff - which could then create an atmosphere similar to that we endured last season, which in turn could harm the whole side.

Terry, what happened last year was almost unspeakable in terms of describing our mess and the heartache it brought to the fans.

However it is not helpful to RDM to continue recriminations when he wasn't here and all he wants to do is get us out of this league. Only he will know best,the way he wants to rebuild the spirit of the team.

I can only think of some of the great managers of the past and think what would they do....rebuild and see who wants to positively react to the new regime from the existing crew.

we must look to the future and for me, I'm looking for RDM to make his judgment on the best way forward and for me to support him.

some will go and some will stay, but they might not be the ones we as individuals agree with, we just need to support the manager and regain our unity.

• Like 2

He's a player I'd really struggle to get behind now and I think he has a negative influence on the dressing room. No doubt he will try now, by October he'll be back in his comfort zone and not giving a shit. Villa fan he isn't. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He's a player I'd really struggle to get behind now and I think he has a negative influence on the dressing room. No doubt he will try now, by October he'll be back in his comfort zone and not giving a shit. Villa fan he isn't. 

I can't argue.....and I have never been a fan.i appreciate some of his goals but never been a fan of his overall game.

However, Imo its up to RDM how he handles the situation.

as other posters have alluded to , the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

He will have to fight for his place, which will be new to him.....we as fans need to respond to what he does as opposed to who he is.

• Like 1

It's a complete and utter no-brainier for me. I really could not care less what he says or how much weight he is said to have lost, quite simply I want him out of Aston Villa and not just because of last seasons antics- I for one have never believed him good enough to represent our famous old club. As I keep saying please just end this sorrowful sage once and for all.

The proof of the pudding should be handled by the nose, because in Gabby's case it's plain old shit. I think he's a tad beyond repair now and will only influence us negatively.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I can't argue.....and I have never been a fan.i appreciate some of his goals but never been a fan of his overall game.

However, Imo its up to RDM how he handles the situation.

as other posters have alluded to , the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

He will have to fight for his place, which will be new to him.....we as fans need to respond to what he does as opposed to who he is.

I agree with your Posts on this but I'm afraid my view is that the reality is the 'collective' won't. 

I still think the first time he doesn't chase down a defender, or misses a chance, or pulls out of a challenge, people will leap on it (rightly or wrongly) - and that rather than dissipate as it does when we jeer an ex-player it will multiply. (Even at his peak under MON I sat near a few guys who hammered him every single game).

I just can't see that for what he is (and the other 3 are) likely to bring to the Team it is worth it.  We need a restored atmosphere above everything else IMO.  Not just in terms of attitude but at VP itself.  I don't see anything other than a poor atmosphere following their retention/selection. The only route that will work is getting them out (if he can !).  I would go so far as to say that it would look to me like a pretty significant error of judgement if he didn't. Yes, I know he will see them at close quarters, and is an expert, where I wont/aren't, but I really cant picture a scenario where these guys are treated the same as other players.

The absolute last thing we need is anything that starts to resemble the back half of last season at VP.

Obviously it's up to RDM to make the call but I don't think many if any fans are going to be swayed by a few words. We've heard it all before from many different footballers and it always boils down to actions speaking louder than words. 

Regardless of his words.. he is showing it too with his actions. He has lost alot of weight and appears to be working very hard. 

Now if he can recapture some form of old.. then we would be mad not to keep him? Yes he has made mistakes but if he is ready to rectify that and get us back where we belong. I want that determined Gabby in our squad. If he has that pace back he will destroy some Championship sides.

However.. that is a big big IF and ofcourse only a few men can make that decision. RDM and his coaching staff. We just have to trust them either way. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Regardless of his words.. he is showing it too with his actions. He has lost alot of weight and appears to be working very hard. 

Now if he can recapture some form of old.. then we would be mad not to keep him? Yes he has made mistakes but if he is ready to rectify that and get us back where we belong. I want that determined Gabby in our squad. If he has that pace back he will destroy some Championship sides.

However.. that is a big big IF and ofcourse only a few men can make that decision. RDM and his coaching staff. 

What form of old?

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I agree, let down the fans how many times and when we desperately needed a hero last season he showed his true colours and didn't give a shite. villa legend my arse. a fraud as andy gray said

• Like 1

Â