Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Here you go then. https://goo.gl/photos/rDcUv2A9bRHRJe658 me last year at a race.

Yeah. 

You look fit don't get me wrong, and handsome of course. But he looks like a different kind of fit. Footballer fit. 

I'm not saying it makes him any good mind. Just saying. 

15 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Where I think it will be different is that he'll no longer have a guarantee of an automatic place in the match day squad, so it's really up to Gabby to work hard enough to convince RDM he's worth of a spot in the team.

But he wasn't guaranteed a place last season, and he gave up and let himself go. 

7 hours ago, KSV said:

He deserves to prove himself in pre season. If he can find his goal scoring touch then great.. 

Sorry to disappoint you here- but he doesn't have a goal scoring touch- if only!

• Like 1

He has had the last five years to prove himself, and has been generally abysmal in the entirety of that time. You could count the good games he has had in that time on two hands. When his last contract was winding down, the vast majority on VT were rubbing their hands together at the thought of him finally leaving, then the club go and give him a new deal along with Lambert and Hutton. I don't know if anyone had spiked the water at VP with mind altering drugs at that time, but those were the three most bizarre decisions I have ever seen. Unfortunately he still has two years left on his deal, and sadly I think we will be stuck with him for those two years.

I see some people saying that maybe, just maybe the penny has finally dropped with Gabby, I am not sure there is even a penny to be honest. I cannot see him suddenly becoming a model pro, and becoming the goal getter we are hoping for.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He deserves so such thing.

deserves probably was the wrong word. But if RDM thinks he is working hard and can play a part.. then why not?

again.. i want him gone.. but RDM sees him everyday.. to me it seems he has turned a new leaf.. well at least regarding to training. Whether his football improves because of it.. time will tell. Same goes with Richards.. if he slims down.. gets a bit of pace back.. theres no reason he cant be our first choice RB in the championship. 

Last season.. attitude was poor right through the side. No idea why..  but it was. If they buy into RDM's Villa revolution.. and actually perform.. will you want them to go? They are on our books.. we are unlikely to get rid of them all.. we cant just create another bomb squad. 

9 hours ago, NeilS said:

He has had the last five years to prove himself, and has been generally abysmal in the entirety of that time. You could count the good games he has had in that time on two hands. When his last contract was winding down, the vast majority on VT were rubbing their hands together at the thought of him finally leaving, then the club go and give him a new deal along with Lambert and Hutton. I don't know if anyone had spiked the water at VP with mind altering drugs at that time, but those were the three most bizarre decisions I have ever seen. Unfortunately he still has two years left on his deal, and sadly I think we will be stuck with him for those two years.

I see some people saying that maybe, just maybe the penny has finally dropped with Gabby, I am not sure there is even a penny to be honest. I cannot see him suddenly becoming a model pro, and becoming the goal getter we are hoping for.

It's possible he may become a model pro- he will however remain a shockingly average professional footballer IMO

• Like 1

Sorry he is one of the five who must leave for me as they have far too much baggage

Him, lescott, richards, bacuna and guzan all must leave

sinclair and clark / baker are in the nice to leave camp

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I'm still hoping a middle east club comes in for him

Good friend over here is heavily involved in player recruitment at Al Ahli FC, and says no MidEast club is interested in Gabby as far as he knows.

Â