Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Maybe im just hard to impress, but losing a bit of timber and not being a fat c##t isn't much to ask from a "professional" sportsman.  

Behond redemption for me. His attitude has stunk for years, laying of the nachos for a few weeks doesn't excuse that. Get rid. 

He's never been fat. I've said it a few times.

He's been heavy, and he's been unfit. But he's not been fat.

Even during his "fat camp" last season he was posting videos and photos on his instagram and he was ripped.

• Like 4

Not sure anyone should really read much into that photo. I've got a photo of me looking like that and I'm hardly 'ripped'

Edited by darrenm

I would prefer he was moved on. But if RDM does keep/select him he would have my support for the sake of the team etc.. As for redemption, I think that will only come if he starts scoring goals again (i.e. doing his job) and, to a lesser degree, if he shows he gives a shit (remember that weird none plus celebration after his one goal against Norwich).  I am not sure i see that happening tbh - perhaps a fit gabby in the championship will score goals, but it all feels a bit like groundhog day with him - he's been given so many chances in the past and has consistently failed to deliver.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He's never been fat. I've said it a few times.

He's been heavy, and he's been unfit. But he's not been fat.

Even during his "fat camp" last season he was posting videos and photos on his instagram and he was ripped.

I'm not sure if your trying to defend him here or not?- quite frankly it makes not one jot of difference, he's not good enough and should be gone!

• Like 1

Just now, Dave J said:

I'm not sure if your trying to defend him here or not?- quite frankly it makes not one jot of difference, he's not good enough and should be gone!

I'm doing nothing except stating that I don't think he has ever been "fat". I've made no comment on his ability.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm doing nothing except stating that I don't think he has ever been "fat". I've made no comment on his ability.

I never said you were- I'm just saying in my view he's not good enough. 

I can't see Gabby going anywhere if honest. No one would take on his wages, and he won't leave for a pay cut, so we're stuck with him. 

Where I think it will be different is that he'll no longer have a guarantee of an automatic place in the match day squad, so it's really up to Gabby to work hard enough to convince RDM he's worth of a spot in the team.

By making Elphick the captain when Richards was on the pitch shows that a fresh-start can work both ways.

Â