Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably trying to show him he will no longer be chosen simply on being a "Villa man" etc. Get with the program or get shot, no longer an automatic starter etc. Which understandably may have come as a shock to his system to begin with but may work out in the long run. I still have faith in him, if he cares enough he will work his socks off and get with the program. I'm starting to believe Gabby doesnt bet along with non british managers though.

Yeah, I hope so. Looks like Remi has got the team working together and achieiving some points, Gabby won't want to be left out too long. Gabby on form in the championship could be huge for us. Getting us promoted could be his redemption.

Edited by Jareth

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Sorry just wanted to use a star wars quote. Anyway I'm off to Tosche station to pick up some power converters.

Sorry but didn't recognise it or know who Uncle Owen was until you mentioned Star Wars. At the risk of completely derailing this thread and starting an internet war I'll admit that I never understood what the fuss was about with the films. My wife bought me the box set years ago and it stayed in its plastic wrapping until the day I charity shopped it.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would say 7 goals and maybe 13 yellow cards he has left for us

And about 18 more injuries.

That being said I would absolutely love to be proved wrong on him and for him to play his heart out and fire us to safety. I think however I am more likely to win  £500m on the US powerball and become the next owner of Villa.

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sorry but didn't recognise it or know who Uncle Owen was until you mentioned Star Wars. At the risk of completely derailing this thread and starting an internet war I'll admit that I never understood what the fuss was about with the films. My wife bought me the box set years ago and it stayed in its plastic wrapping until the day I charity shopped it.

I mean, I guess you were destined not to enjoy them if you never took them out of the wrapping :D

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

No war to be found here.  I love the movies (excluding 1,2 and 3) but I like a load of tosh films and feel no animosity if people disagree.  Probably right to move that chat to OT though, so on Gabby, I'm struggling to care if he stays or goes or tries or doesn't try.  I should probably move to the movie thread where I'll be more interested.  I'm like the person who bothers to fill in an online questionnaire then ticks the "has no opinion" box.

Even if Gabby is brought back into the match squad I would not read anything into it other than we have a weak squad and a couple of injuries.

Doubt it would mean Garde changed his mind or that Gabby has worked hard and looked good in training

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde wants Gabby Agbonlahor to stay at the club beyond Monday's transfer deadline.

The long-serving striker has been linked with a move this month, but is in contention to face Manchester City on Saturday.

He has suffered with calf and back problems since Garde arrived in November, yet could return to the squad for the FA Cup fourth-round clash at Villa Park.

Turkish side Kayserispor have been linked with Agbonlahor, but Garde wants him to stay.

"I think so," said the Frenchman, when asked if the forward would still be at the club next week.

"When I arrived Gabby was injured and was not in the training sessions for a long time. The time I spent discovering the team and players he was not here. He has trained for the last week and seems to be better.

"If he's in the right mood and okay physically he could give us a lift with goals.

"Every player who's not playing is frustrated apart from 11 playing the game. You're a professional player, you want to start."

Agbonlahor, 29, signed a four-year deal in 2014 and is Villa's longest-serving current player, having made 360 appearances for the club, but has played just one minute under Garde.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10147541/remi-garde-wants-gabby-agbonlahor-to-stay-at-aston-villa

Doesn't sound like he's desperate for him to stay at all.

It's as if Garde has been told there's no buyers for Gabby and we won't be signing anyone soon so put up and shut up.

I feel for Garde and have absolutely no faith in the higher echelons of AVFC - charlatans the lot of them.

Â