Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

But as we saw today he simply just doesn't function in home games.

Interested to find the three home games we have somehow won this season he isn't played a single minute in any of them.

First name on the teamsheet away from home but if we had better alternatives upfront I'd seriously consider using him as an impact sub for half the home games next season. West Ham just parked their defence on the 18 yard box and he was nullified, as simply as that.

And he messed up a decent break in the first half with a terrible touch, Weimann really couldn't have done much more in that break.

• Like 1

He basically plays out of his skin for 1, maybe 2 games and then has to miss a game or 2 because of injury as his body can't cope with the impact of giving it everything. Then we end up having to watch performances like today where he is off the pace and barely in the game as he gets back up to match fitness.  I think what someone said about using him as an impact sub in some home games would work better as he more than likely wouldn't get injured as much then.

He is unplayable at times away from home, but at Villa Park he is a headless chicken. Doesn't know what to do so just runs around the field.

That's exactly what our entire team does at home.

It's fortress Villa Park, for whoever our opposition is that day.

You see that's where it's difficult being a real life manager and not just an internet poster.

Imagine if Gabby had started last week and scored in a 1-0 win. Going over to Gabby in the dressing room afterwards and saying "well done for winning us the game today...btw y'know next week's a home game so you won't be starting!"

I'm not saying bench him every time but I also don't see the point of blindly starting him every home game either. Especially this one with him being out for a few weeks, I'd have probably stuck with Weimann and Benteke as the front two and maybe started Albrighton and had Gabby as a second half sub with one eye on Cardiff. Would it have made a difference, I don't know.

I do not think he was fully fit today, he is not normally that lethargic, it took a while to realise he was playing.

Agree, but why take off Weimann and keep him on? Just came back from injury and was way off the pace. Weimann wasnt doing that bad either

• Like 2

Totally uninvolved.

Agbonlahor had 27 touches in the entire game of 94 minutes. No tackles or interceptions. His meaningful contribution in the entire game consisted of 1 clearance, and 14 on target passes. Crap.

Albrighton in 38 minutes got 37 touches,  5 key passes, 20 crosses (6 accurate) and 2 tackles.

The players themselves don't even use him at home so why do we still play him?  We can't afford to carry a player.

Totally uninvolved.

Agbonlahor had 27 touches in the entire game of 94 minutes. No tackles or interceptions. His meaningful contribution in the entire game consisted of 1 clearance, and 14 on target passes. Crap.

Albrighton in 38 minutes got 37 touches,  5 key passes, 20 crosses (6 accurate) and 2 tackles.

The players themselves don't even use him at home so why do we still play him?  We can't afford to carry a player.

That is inaccurate.

His most meaningful contribution was when he blew the chance Weimann set up nicely in the first half.

• Like 1

He is unplayable at times away from home, but at Villa Park he is a headless chicken. Doesn't know what to do so just runs around the field.

That's exactly what our entire team does at home.

It's fortress Villa Park, for whoever our opposition is that day.

He perplexes me really, away from home he has scored twice and assisted seven, the 6th joint highest in the League behind only the likes of Suarez, Silva, Gerrard and Ozil, but at home has only scored once and hasn't assisted any. Can't say I'm to sure why he is so ineffective at VP and unplayable away from there.

Edited by Avflife

My views about Gabby entirely VillaChris, not good enough at home, terrible touch, lack of awareness, completely devoid of movement.Very poor today.

He was, but he's more important to us in away games when we sit back even more (if that's possible) and hits them on the break with his pace. He'll be vital in the Cardiff game on Tuesday.

Hopefully Vlaar will be back as well.

Â