Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I feel the same. I really love this team and the way it conducts itself, the manager and the players. I know it doesn't really matter but I think neutral supporters are starting to like us again. We have been so poor to watch at various intervals over the past three years but now we've got a young, hungry team, we play decent football and we're exciting again; a bit like MONs team but more methodical. I know we haven't achieved anything yet but I think Lambert deserves a lot of credit for doing things the right way so far.

To be honest, I think Gabby is the only player whose conduct can be a tiny bit distasteful. Putting his finger to his lips when he scores might be apt when we're playing SHA or WBA or the likes, but I don't think he gets much, if any, stick from other teams. And applauding Koscielny's red card wasn't necessary either. It's not as if it was a bad tackle.

But from a Villa fan's perspective it's excusable because he clearly loves the club, and I don't think he's a bad guy by any stretch of the imagination. There isn't any harm in one or two players having an "us against the world" attitude.

Who cares if he clapped the referee for making an arguably correct decision. Andi jumped out of the way, if he didn't then he could have got injured. Thankfully the ref realised this.

Gabby is right, who cares about the opposition, especially away at one of the Sky 4. Get the job done by any means necessary.

Watched the highlights on MOTD and saw Gabby's after match interview. He stated that Lambert has told him to run more against opposing defences and we saw the benefit of that against Arsenal.

Much more of the same please.

I know it doesn't really matter but I think neutral supporters are starting to like us again.

I think you're right because my spurs fan mate congratulated us on the win against Arsenal....oh wait that doesn't count does it haha.

Watched the highlights on MOTD and saw Gabby's after match interview. He stated that Lambert has told him to run more against opposing defences and we saw the benefit of that against Arsenal.

Much more of the same please.

Agree 100% Gabby has the speed to scare defences, especially when he runs into the box.

Keep it up Gabby,

After the game he took his shirt off...the guy is massive.

I noticed that myself (no homo). He is absolutely ripped and still fast as ****, so whatever criticism he got for piling on too much muscle too quickly a few years ago causing him to slow a little doesn't seem applicable any longer. Whatever conditioning he has been doing seems to have balanced out the two attributes so we now have a combination of Road Runner and a super middleweight boxer.

He's more agile and speedy now, then what he was when he returned from summer as a bodybuilder three years back. Yet retained a lot of that core strength.
Think he's found the perfect balance as you've mentioned privateer. He's also matured in his game. Think this will be his biggest season for us yet if he can stay injury free. <3 Gabby

a lot is to do with the balance of the side.....they are all complimenting each other.

was going to say something similar myself... no more square pegs round holes, everyone fits in the positions they play, and everyone fits in around each other too. they look comfortable in their position and around teammates, great to see and hope i dont lose sight of this come sunday morning!

Â