General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think Villa will go back to OGS next week after their season has closed for the break. I think this whole change of heart is a charade to get Molde through to the break. It may be a bit left field but it's too quiet at B6 and the tweets are saying nothing happening before next week, so I think it will be back on.

Let it go old chap, we are all cut up but this ain't happening.

I must admit I don't think its 100% dead. I think he (OGS) would have to make the call though. I just keep thinking big Ron in the early 90's

I think Villa will go back to OGS next week after their season has closed for the break. I think this whole change of heart is a charade to get Molde through to the break. It may be a bit left field but it's too quiet at B6 and the tweets are saying nothing happening before next week, so I think it will be back on.

I must admit I don't think its 100% dead. I think he (OGS) would have to make the call though. I just keep thinking big Ron in the early 90's

tumblr_m0cyrz6Gj11r3jsrko1_500.jpg

OGSist be let die its gone we all wanted it we really did but now it's gone.

Still think we are on for a few like that tho really don't think we have a list anything like last years am being very positive about the whole thing and all that not a bitter twitterer.

The more i sit back and watch the manager saga unfold the more I like the idea of RM. OSG was good while it lasted but how much of the hype was down to him being so different from our last manager as well as the unknown quality of his managerial ability.

What our club needs know is a complete overall and someone to embed a footballing philosophy. We lack any kind of footballing identity. The man to do this is RM and to help him sort out the defensive issues or concerns people have about this why not appoint Steve Clarke as his number 2.

...............Theres still the very underrated and much maligned Alan Curbishley..............whose never done a bad job anywhere !

He has never done a great job either in fairnees another mediocre plodder. I'd rather go for the riskier option who could end up being great and I know they could as easily flop, but would rather the club tried to build someyhing special.

Although I want this to be over - for me its been a great laugh, login, VT heaving under the strain, the jokes, the banter, the yes, yes, weve got him, no, no we haven't - .....well i don't want fatty, well I don't big nose ! - Actually I could tolerate fatty, but would prefer big nose..... then somebody zooms in on the betting.....what do they know ? - who said it , is he ITK..............No last week he told us fatty was a done deal !

Priceless

Meanwhile Lerners having a beer - and Martinez is sun bathing !

Don't forget the Greggs sausage roll/pasties debate.

croppedimage460460-Sausage-roll-compresses.jpg

Although I want this to be over - for me its been a great laugh, login, VT heaving under the strain, the jokes, the banter, the yes, yes, weve got him, no, no we haven't - .....well i don't want fatty, well I don't big nose ! - Actually I could tolerate fatty, but would prefer big nose..... then somebody zooms in on the betting.....what do they know ? - who said it , is he ITK..............No last week he told us fatty was a done deal !

Priceless

The banter has made this awful bug I'm just getting over bearable though.

Just think we've all got the VT transfer window to look forward to for desserts....Not to mention Olympics & the Euros in between!

Exactly! Strange things happen in football!!!

Priceless

Don't forget the Greggs sausage roll/pasties debate.

croppedimage460460-Sausage-roll-compresses.jpg

The Stæk Bæk & Funke awesome...not to mention GarethRDR's morning epic!

Brilliant.

Reasons I wouldn't want Rafa. All fair and valid IMO

1. He's too old for a 'project' like Villa

2. He doesn't fit the criteria that the board said they were looking for

3. He's already 'done it', and nothing he could do at Villa would top it

4. He's always been a cheque book manager. We don't want that again

5. He's not a young and hungry candidate that has a burning desire to make a name for himself

6. I've no faith in his work with young players

7. I've never watched any of his sides and thought 'they play attractove football'

8. I don't think he comes across well in the media and would be fair game for the tabloid scum

I (and its only my own opinion) want a manager that will achieve things and make his name with US

I want someone that will change the whole footballing philosophy of the club, root and branches and be here for 5-10 years building a dynasty.

Not one that ultimately knows from the off he can't top his past achievements unless handed a bottomless pit of cash.

But maybe that's just me

Exactly! Strange things happen in football!!!

Well you could offer the job to Solskjær's wife,pretty sure Ole would tag along as assistant manager... 8)

Its going to be Di Matteo

I can see why you think that - But im hoping Faulkner doesn't fancy a battle with Abramovich.

Surley the job Curbs did at Charlton is comparable with Martinez at Wigan ? .......Come on Randy, trust me on this....!