General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Rafa ???

Smacks of total desperation and goes COMPLETELY against what we were told the club were after

Arses

No it doesn`t, he is still young for a manager, a few skillful forgeigners, a good cup run and top 8 finish would soon bring back the vibrancy. He is capable of doing those things.

It may go against who you personally want but that is a different matter.

You don`t always get your first choices, if we have to settle for a european cup winner then i can live with that.

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT

Reports Roberto Martinez is in Miami - I am lead to believe it's for talks with Randy Lerner over a move to Aston Villa NOT Liverpool FC

I'd love that. That was annoy Whelan no end. He doesn't even know who Roberrrrrto is talking to.

Lerner doesn't meet managers behind the chairmans back does he ?

So I suspect it isn't true

Not been on here since about 3pm can anyone sum up what's come to light in that time? I'm hearing links to Rafa, where have these come from? I'd be happy if we got him as he would ONLY join if he had a warchest!

Rafa >> Martinez, Rodgers, Lambert

Ive always championed Lambert to be next AVFC manager but if we can get Rafa we should go for him

His CV speaks for himself he needs to be backed though

Surely Whelan knows whether he#s speaking to Liverpool or Villa. He stated earlier it was Liverpool.

I think Whelan actually said, "you can only assume what he has gone there (Miami) for"... everyone is assuming it is Liverpool, but there is a chance it is Villa... personally, I doubt it though.

This is brilliant, today, via various ITK's we've been in discussions with GMac, Roeder, Hoddle, Poyet, Rafa and now Martinez

Yeah, it's almost as if nobody has a **** clue what's happening. I have to tip my hat to Randy for that at least, assuming he does actually have a **** clue what's happening himself.

This is brilliant, today, via various ITK's we've been in discussions with GMac, Roeder, Hoddle, Poyet, Rafa and now Martinez

Yeah, it's almost as if nobody has a **** clue what's happening. I have to tip my hat to Randy for that at least, assuming he does actually have a **** clue what's happening himself.

He doesnt.

This is no different to the past two appointments....

A woeful list of candidates.

Nowt happening for weeks

Countless Favourites

People turning us down.

Surely Whelan knows whether he#s speaking to Liverpool or Villa. He stated earlier it was Liverpool.

I think Whelan actually said, "you can only assume what he has gone there (Miami) for"... everyone is assuming it is Liverpool, but there is a chance it is Villa... personally, I doubt it though.

Why would RM not be meeting Liverpool owners in Boston?

I saw all the reports about him meeting Plop in Miami earlier and read Whelan's words and thought I wonder if he's actually NOT meeting them but Randy?

Who knows ... it's worse than Cluedo?!!

Why would RM not be meeting Liverpool owners in Boston?

I saw all the reports about him meeting Plop in Miami earlier and read Whelan's words and thought I wonder if he's actually NOT meeting them but Randy?

Who knows ... it's worse than Cluedo?!!

Most flights from carribean to US fly to miami - I would imagine.Probably just meeting him half way between barbados and boston.

He doesnt.

Nowt happening for weeks

Countless Favourites

People turning us down.

I reckon that's a bit harsh. It's been less than two weeks and the statement on what the club wants is a bit more encouraging this time round, and who we have been linked with aren't woeful for the most part.

He doesnt.

Nowt happening for weeks

Countless Favourites

People turning us down.

I reckon that's a bit harsh. It's been less than two weeks and the statement on what the club wants is a bit more encouraging this time round, and who we have been linked with aren't woeful for the most part.

Perhaps it is a bit harsh - but not that harsh.

I honestly believe nobody decent wants the job!!