General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think we'd have to be happy with any of Lambert, Rodgers, Adkins, Martinez, Solsjkaer, Poyet, McDermott, Klinnsman

8 managers there that I think a vast majority of fan base would be happy with. Dont think any of them are at a bigger job, maybe Klinnsman being at the USA team (purely because its a national team). They may not all want to jump at leaving their current club for us but one of them will do...surely.

0 reason for us to **** this one up

And so the Klinsmann rumour gathers pace Smile

a managerial win rate of 57% to date

hadn't thought of him but you know what he would probably be an amazing coup if we could get him

I've no doubt that Randy has jetted off to Europe, so thanks for the info theTrees.

But.

We had all this kind of thing last year, with people speculating that Randy was off to Sicily to meet Ancelotti, only for Randy to eventually poach Mcleish from all of 2 miles away.

Let's not get too excited just yet.

Wasnt that just us putting 2+2 together though as we knew he went to Corsica for Houllier and from Kendrick we knew we had sounded out Ancellotti..

We didnt think to put Randy flying to Corsica and McLeish holidaying in Corsica together!

In the area of a young, vibrant manager with successful PL playing experience.

And so the Klinsmann rumour gathers pace :)

Klinsmann is managing the US National Team, unless he's on holiday in Europe?

he is currently in Florida

mind you Americans aren't great at Geography so maybe Lerner thinks that is part of Europe

Can't you tell us where in Europe he's gone trees?

He just said Mazrim and Nigel were correct.

Kind of. Mazrim gave a name, which I think it could be based on the info I have, but you never know.

I've broken my own rule as well, because he hasn't gone there yet.

Can't you tell us where in Europe he's gone trees?

He just said Mazrim and Nigel were correct.

Gotta be Solskjaer then?

Not sure about that. Would be a risky appointment.

The greater the risk, the greater the reward.

I don't see Roberto Martinez as a "flavour of the month" manager, he's much more than that imo.

I've enjoyed his style of football since 2007 when he became Swansea manager. He gradually introduced a more continental style of play and coached average players until they were comfortable with owning the ball.

The number of successful passes per game were up there with Barcelona, albeit at a much lower league level. Pundits were quick to acknowledge the Roberto Martinez legacy when Swansea were promoted to the Premiership under the management of the very able Brendan Rodgers.

Wigan may be perennial strugglers in the Premiership, but Martinez has performed miracles working with a squad of mainly very ordinary players. The fact that he has done this on a shoe string budget, in front of a small fanbase, in a rugby orientated unfashionable town, makes his achievement all the more remarkable.

In my opinion Roberto Martinez is the best candidate for the position of Aston Villa manager. If anyone at Villa ever browses these pages, please make RM an offer he can't refuse asap.

It would be a pleasure to watch "easy on the eye" football at Villa Park, and the anticipation of year on year improvement to our teams' collective footballing ability would surely help both Randy and the fans sleep better at night.

:) UTV!!!!