Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I just hope if we don't get OGS and we end up getting Lambert that there isn't an air of disappointment from fans. There seems to be a bit of negativity about the possibility of Lambert now that we have been strongly linked to signing OGS.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ve watched every managerial villa saga since Ron Saunders resigned back in 1982 ......

I reckon Lambert will resign as Norwich manager next week. I understand they have a friendly Tuesday - so I will be watching closley after that.

Lambert has categorically not turned us down. When interviewed he refused to commit to Norwich who have issued a "stern hands off warning" which is meaningless. If Lambert wants to go he will...end of. I do like Lambert and I think he would be a good manager for Villa but there some as good or better candidates around.

Lambert has categorically not turned us down. When interviewed he refused to commit to Norwich who have issued a "stern hands off warning" which is meaningless. If Lambert wants to go he will...end of. I do like Lambert and I think he would be a good manager for Villa but there some as good or better candidates around.

Well it looks like hes going to loose Grant Holt - Lambert will have to work hard if wants his stock to remain high - and even then would get much better than villa ?

Get that resignation in Lambo !

Well it looks like hes going to loose Grant Holt - Lambert will have to work hard if wants his stock to remain high - and even then would get much better than villa ?

Get that resignation in Lambo !

Agree on that totally

The Star reporting we're interviewing him on Monday. Martinez also linked again... link

PAUL LAMBERT will hold talks with Aston Villa early next week as the club extend their search for a new manager.

Norwich boss Lambert has been contacted by the Midlands club and is expected to hold talks on Monday over whether to succeed Alex McLeish at Villa Park.

Former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer flew back to Norway last night with his future still under a cloud of uncertainty.

The Molde chief was flown in and out on Randy Lerner’s private jet in a whirlwind 24 hours – but left without being offered the job.

He will now turn his attentions back to the Norwegian club and preparations for tomorrow’s clash with Sandnes Ulf.

That will allow Villa to speak with Lambert and also make another attempt to attract Roberto Martinez from Wigan.

Martinez rejected the chance to move to Villa Park last summer, but Lerner remains a huge admirer of the Spaniard and is keen to speak to him again.

Solskjaer said: “I can confirm that I have spoken to Aston Villa. There were no negotiations, but an informal chat. Villa also have other candidates they want to talk to. I wanted to show Villa respect as one of the big clubs of the Premier League.”

A Villa statement last night said: “This process will be focused and consistent with the Board’s objectives, which are to secure a manager who can help to reinvigorate the club and bring some vibrancy back to Villa.

“We are aware that certain individuals have been linked with our managerial vacancy but, out of respect to all potential candidates and any clubs they may currently be employed by, we will not discuss specific individuals by name.”

We simply cannot be disappointed if Lambert ends up at Villa...

we can't let the OGS excitement cloud our judgement that PL is a better fit for our football club at the moment and will definately improve us...

if Randy is interviewing OGS,Lambert and Martinez then we have got to be happy after having the worst seasson in our prem league history...

its just nice to be even slightly excited by the Villa again after such an energy sapping year...

if one of them comes that is!

Always been my first choice I think. Would much rather him or OGS than the others mentioned except AVB who is probably unrealistic
Yes I am in this envelope

Would be very happy if he came in, I've come round to the idea a lot more thinking about it.

Ole definitely has the excitement factor which sounds horribly superficial, and after we've lost our first five games under him will be completely pointless, but I can't make it go away.

Really don't want Martinez, would rather Rodgers, but he won't be coming if he's turning down Liverpool.

Well the Star report is probably a load of bollocks. We would need permission t otalk to Lambert and no signs we have it. Monday? Well Randy is back in USA and finally factually incorrect report as Randys jet did not take OGS back.

Usuall easy write up from reading between the lines on blog sites

I'm not really against Lambert, it's just he plays the least attractive brand of football of all the potential candidates we've been linked with.

I agree, I think he would be a very safe pair of hands but would not bring the "vibrancy" that RL/PF are looking for.

Well the Star report is probably a load of bollocks. We would need permission t otalk to Lambert and no signs we have it. Monday? Well Randy is back in USA and finally factually incorrect report as Randys jet did not take OGS back.

Usuall easy write up from reading between the lines on blog sites

You won't get permisson end of, our CEO went public on that last week.

Now imo, that will result in two possible scenario's.

1. Lambert will resign.

2. He will comitt to us.

But pining your hopes on a Daily Star article, dear oh dear gentleman.

I'm not really against Lambert, it's just he plays the least attractive brand of football of all the potential candidates we've been linked with.

I agree, I think he would be a very safe pair of hands but would not bring the "vibrancy" that RL/PF are looking for.

I agree, some posters on here seem to belive Norwich were great to watch and that Lambert is some sort of master tactician.

Get the ball out wide and put it in the middle for Holt and Morrison is pretty much how they play. They were also defensivley woeful last season conceeding more goals than Wigan and of all the teams I saw last season they were the most unorganised shambolic team that played at Villa Park with the exception of Blackburn. Its no coinsidence that their best player last season was their goalkeeper John Ruddy and he still picked the ball out of his net 66 times. Only the bottom 3 were worse defensivley.

He is a more miserable version of MON basically and I dont want him here