Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Star report is probably a load of bollocks. We would need permission t otalk to Lambert and no signs we have it. Monday? Well Randy is back in USA and finally factually incorrect report as Randys jet did not take OGS back.

Usuall easy write up from reading between the lines on blog sites

You won't get permisson end of, our CEO went public on that last week.

Now imo, that will result in two possible scenario's.

1. Lambert will resign.

2. He will comitt to us.

But pining your hopes on a Daily Star article, dear oh dear gentleman.

Wiz, take the time to read the OSG thread to see who the majority of Villa fans are pinning their hopes on.

and of all the teams I saw last season they were the most unorganised shambolic team that played at Villa Park with the exception of Blackburn.
and ourselves no doubt

lambert is by far the better option if you actually choose to use your brain.

But a lot of people seem to be all wet over a manager who has had one season in norway.

It's called preference/different opinion from yours O Brainy One.

But a lot of people seem to be all wet over a manager who has had one season in norway.

Lambert is far and away the worst candidate mention with the exception of Mick McCarthy.

Rodgers,Martinez and Solskjaer are much better options than a dour miserbale uninspiring scottish manger that plays direct football

and of all the teams I saw last season they were the most unorganised shambolic team that played at Villa Park with the exception of Blackburn.
and ourselves no doubt

that goes without saying :lol:

Well the Star report is probably a load of bollocks. We would need permission t otalk to Lambert and no signs we have it. Monday? Well Randy is back in USA and finally factually incorrect report as Randys jet did not take OGS back.

Usuall easy write up from reading between the lines on blog sites

You won't get permisson end of, our CEO went public on that last week.

Now imo, that will result in two possible scenario's.

1. Lambert will resign.

2. He will comitt to us.

But pining your hopes on a Daily Star article, dear oh dear gentleman.

I think it's fair to draw parallels with what you're saying and what Sunderland fans were saying before we had their pants down and signed Darren Bent.

Best not be so sure until it's all done and dusted, whatever the outcome.

Lambert is far and away the worst candidate mention with the exception of Mick McCarthy.

Rodgers,Martinez and Solskjaer are much better options than a dour miserbale uninspiring scottish manger that plays direct football

Fair enough If you feel that way but what does his nationality have to do with anything?

What does the fact he is Scottish have anything to do with it?

Fair enough If you feel that way but what does his nationality have to do with anything?

Since I have been watching Aston Villa we have had two Scottish managers.

Billy McNeill and Alex McCleish, personally they have put me off Scottish managers for life.

Two things villa should not do again is appoint scottish managers or sign french players, they tend to be shite where villa are concerned

As i said KHV, You have to choose to use your brain, You are obviously not doing that. You are against him based on some vauge "dour scotsman" vibe you seem to have about him.

if you read my other posts I dont like his style of play, get the ball wide and put it into the middle is very direct and very much MON style. I dont enjoy watchin Norwich play at all.

Defensivley they were terrible, one of the most unorganised teams to play at villa park last season. Also their best player last season was John Ruddy the goalkeeper who got in the england squad, despite all his great goalkeeping he still picked the ball out of the net 66 times. only the bottom 3 teams were worse than Norwich.

And yes he is a dour scotsman, watch any of his interviews. The man could talk a glass eye to sleep

As i said KHV, You have to choose to use your brain, You are obviously not doing that. You are against him based on some vauge "dour scotsman" vibe you seem to have about him.

if you read my other posts I dont like his style of play, get the ball wide and put it into the middle is very direct and very much MON style. I dont enjoy watchin Norwich play at all.

Defensivley they were terrible, one of the most unorganised teams to play at villa park last season. Also their best player last season was John Ruddy the goalkeeper who got in the england squad, despite all his great goalkeeping he still picked the ball out of the net 66 times. only the bottom 3 teams were worse than Norwich.

And yes he is a dour scotsman, watch any of his interviews. The man could talk a glass eye to sleep

if the fact that he appears miserable and plays too direct like MON (who got us 6th consistently) are the only negatives then he's obviously quite a strong candidate...

Ferguson is scottish and miserable, better reject him too

oh and David Moyes...

fair enough you don't want us to put crosses into the box but stick to footballing reasons rather than personal gripes