Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colney, our training ground, is a state of the art, International standard training facility, plus our acedemy is an A class one.

Sorry are we talking about the Norwich academy?? What players have they ever produced that now play in the premier league?

And then lets look at the villa academy, which constantly is breeding players that play in the premiership. Take note champions league final on Saturday: Gary Cahill.

A class my arse.

Where do you think we train, in a sandpit?

Colney, our training ground, is a state of the art, International standard training facility, plus our acedemy is an A class one.

Factor in the Norfolk lifestyle and we have a hell of lot to offer.

Damn, I'm sounding desperate now. :bonk:

I am a Suffolk boy. So I know you are lying!

I went on holiday to norfolk for a week so I also know he is lying :D

Let's face it, Birmingham is hardly the Riviera.

I like Norfolk, nice quiet place. But maybe a football manager would prefer a big city, who knows?

As a Villa fan with an enormous soft spot for the city of Norwich and its football club, there is no doubt that it is a marvellous place, and a marvellous, well run club, but....

....from Paul Lambert's point of view, if he is to progress his career, the next step is to go and manage a so-called 'big club', such as Everton, Tottenham or Aston Villa.

The newly styled 'mega clubs' of Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City seemingly prefer to appoint managers from overseas with exotic names and, in some cases, small experience, so the only way that a UK manager can even put themselves in the thoughts when such jobs come up is by showing good progress at an also-ran 'big club'.

So it is straightforward. If Paul Lambert feels that the time has come to progress his career, Aston Villa represents the best opportunity at this time for him to perhaps move forward to even greater heights. It is also quite possible that it will be the only such opportunity for him in the next year or two, particularly if his star were to fade during a prolonged period at Norwich.

If he is ambitious it is a no-brainer, and I expect him to sign on the dotted line within the next 48 hours.

As a Villa fan with an enormous soft spot for the city of Norwich and its football club, there is no doubt that it is a marvellous place, and a marvellous, well run club, but....

....from Paul Lambert's point of view, if he is to progress his career, the next step is to go and manage a so-called 'big club', such as Everton, Tottenham or Aston Villa.

The newly styled 'mega clubs' of Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City seemingly prefer to appoint managers from overseas with exotic names and, in some cases, small experience, so the only way that a UK manager can even put themselves in the thoughts when such jobs come up is by showing good progress at an also-ran 'big club'.

So it is straightforward. If Paul Lambert feels that the time has come to progress his career, Aston Villa represents the best opportunity at this time for him to perhaps move forward to even greater heights. It is also quite possible that it will be the only such opportunity for him in the next year or two, particularly if his star were to fade during a prolonged period at Norwich.

If he is ambitious it is a no-brainer, and I expect him to sign on the dotted line within the next 48 hours.

Is that when Randy is heading back to USA?

Is that when Randy is heading back to USA?

No idea, and I doubt whether he knows at this time.

Whelan is talking the price up like the common market trader he is

Except he's an ex-footballer whose never owned a market stall, he also donated £250,000 to your Tory PArty coffers at the last election

Didnt Whelan basically bankrupt JJB single handedly?

Nope, he sold them in 2007, they were financially solid when he sold them. He was under investigation for breaking stock market rules over the sale, though that was merely because he said he wasn't going to dispose of any further of his holding then sold the lot.

SeanO may just be the first person ever to start a statement with "No disrespect to...but..." and then not actually show disrespect :)

lol, I honestly didn't mean any disrespect but it may have come across that way so to our Norwich City fans I apologise if it did.

I didn't think you showed disrespect, which was what I was getting at. A million times out of a million and one, that statement ends along the lines of

"...but they are a teentsie, tiny, pokey little club and [insert city name] is a shithole, whereas [insert club name] is a huge club with history and a tradition of winning football."

Didnt Whelan basically bankrupt JJB single handedly?

Nope, he sold them in 2007, they were financially solid when he sold them. He was under investigation for breaking stock market rules over the sale, though that was merely because he said he wasn't going to dispose of any further of his holding then sold the lot.

"The year to 25 January 2009 has been anexceedingly difficult one for JJB Sports plc. A series of bad businessdecisions taken by former members of the executive management team and the worsening economic environment brought the Company dangerously close to insolvency."

From that I assumed it was all DW's doing & the fact he wasnt mentioned in the 09 annual report bar naming sales of assets to his company.

Whelan is talking the price up like the common market trader he is

Except he's an ex-footballer whose never owned a market stall, he also donated £250,000 to your Tory PArty coffers at the last election

Not sure that owning a market stall is a prerequisite to be referred to in the way I did for Whelan but hey ho.

On the Tory bit, not sure what that has to do with the price of chips to be honest. Thought the political thread was in off topic.

Heard we are not in for Lambert, let me stress this is a rumour.
As is ever the case in these situations there are rumours and counter rumours about everything. I heard we were in for him actually and were talking to Norwich this afternoon but as I say it is all rumour and counter rumour

Did someone say Faulkner has gone to the US for 3 days

Yet Lerner arrived in the uk today

Do they communicate, or has there been a massive miscommunication here

I've heard a rumour that KSV's wife has yelled at him for being on this forum too often. Can't say where I heard it, but it's a very credible source. :!:

I've heard a rumour that KSV's wife has yelled at him for being on this forum too often. Can't say where I heard it, but it's a very credible source. :!:

I can confirm this rumour as I am posting under the bed where she told me to hide! :winkold: