Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Nigel Adkins ??

Big risk but has a very good win rate at the Saints. Might be a little too soon methinks.

G W D L Win %

Bangor City 116 74 18 24 63.79

Scunthorpe United 199 83 44 72 41.71

Southampton 98 60 18 20 61.22

Total. 413 217 80 116 52.54

As of 28 April 2012.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Hughes has a release clause if QPR go down. ;)

I think the usual names will get thrown around when Alex goes; Martinez, Coyle; Lambert and even McCarthy. I think Rodgers would be my choice but seems he is being touted for Spurs.

DeMatteo could be a good shout if Chelsea are foolish enough to let hm go. But in the end we have to find the right manager for our club; it has be shown this season that just because a manager isn't a success at one club doesn't mean he can't be a success at another. Capello anyone?

Nigel Adkins ??

Big risk but has a very good win rate at the Saints. Might be a little too soon methinks.

G W D L Win %

Bangor City 116 74 18 24 63.79

Scunthorpe United 199 83 44 72 41.71

Southampton 98 60 18 20 61.22

Total. 413 217 80 116 52.54

As of 28 April 2012.

I'm a big fan of Adkins. May be a bit early in his career and still a risk, but I have a feeling that in a couple of years, some people will be falling over themselves for him.

Whichever manager we appoint, the board need to show some imagination. We aren’t going to appoint someone like Ferguson who would guarantee success. We will appoint someone who will be a “risk”, but will be building for the future. The board need to imagine how good someone like Martinez would be, or how good Lambert could be.

Appointing McLeish was supposedly a risk free appointment because McLeish was a so called Premiership manager. Of course we all know he was nothing of the sort.

Don't get everyone's love for Martinez. Okay they play alright football but it's no good if you're not winning (okay they are atm) and are around the bottom of the table.

Even Mourinho and Wenger would struggle to win with Wigan.