Player of the season

Mr.Messy

I can't really be bothered even thinking of one. Some of the young players have tried their best, but picking a player of the season this year is almost like voting for your favourite scab after a bout of measles.

Nothing to do with his illness, I'd still give it to Petrov.

I agree. Before his illness he was our most consistent performer giving his all week in week out. That has always been the thing with Stan that regardless of the teams performance or his own personal form he never gives less than 100%.

We will miss him during the run in.

Based on the polls after each match where I assume most of the people on here vote in the match day threads and the rating system which the club used for last months player of the month award it has to be Ireland....unless gabby finishes very strongly

Someone is not player of the year because they got sick, no disrespect ment, but petrov was average or below for most of the season.

I'm actually bemused by some of the answers in this thread So said I would have a quick look at the top 4 suggested players, looked at polls and ranked them highest 3 points, second highest 2 points, third highest 1 point, which I think is fair,

They scored as follows, second stat is games played

Given = 14 (27)

Petrov = 17 (26)

gabby = 19 (29)

Ireland = 30 (16)

Given that Ireland scored 30% higher then second place thus far, and has played at a minimum 10 games less, it shows the standard and consistency of his performances as rated by people on this very site, but when it comes

to poty then ppl aren't having him, find it quite strange so little ppl have mentioned him,

Especially when it also shows the other 3 played and were not recognised as playing well in the majority of their performances.

Just because someone plays lots of games badly doesn't make them the player of the year

Surprised Ireland hasn't gotten more votes. I'd say Ireland just because he dealt with McLeish's shit and still goes out and plays well for us. Newcomer would be Herd because he has done very well this season. Weimann and Lichaj deserve a shout if they got more playing time.

Worst player of the year has to go to Hutton without a doubt.

Â