Player of the season

Mr.Messy

In this dire season I've been struggling to think who the most consistent Villa performer has been across the whole season and quite frankly have struggled to think of any player who has merited such an award. For me its between Given, Collins, Ireland and Petrov with my vote narrowly going to Petrov with Given a close second. I'm hoping some outstanding performances in the coming weeks will turn the tables on this but I doubt it!

For the best young player I think that has to go to Chris Herd as he has been the one bright light from these dark days.

Who gets your vote?

the official player of the season will be stan, not because he has been our best player but for obvious reasons

i feel sorry for most of our players, they are all made to look shit when there is no one to guide them

its like having a field full of top horses, leave them alone and dont look after them then they go to shit, train them well and have some skill to get the best out of each one and away you go.

August-November...Gabby, he was on fire...since then, he's been shit.

Petrov has been as consistent as ever. I do think if he won it though people would just say it is because he is ill, which is not that case.

Herd has been brilliant since he's been in the team.

Ireland has started to show his worth, great pace to set up Wiemann against Stoke and for the early chance at Yanited.

Collins has been better recently, but when he left the ball for the 2nd goal on Sunday it reminded me of how poor he has been.

Cuellar has been good, but has hardlly played. Wiemann the same.

When you think about it, there's not been that many stand out performers...which I think is our main problem!

Petrov for me, with Robbie Keane a close second. Even though he only played for 6 games, he showed more in those 6 matches than most of our squad have over the course of a whole season.

Also got to agree, Herd for young player.

Nothing to do with his illness, I'd still give it to Petrov. Given is the only other plausible option but I think our 'performance' defending corners is one critical strike through Given's résumé this season.

Based on the poll conducted via the OS Herd doesn't seem to qualify for their young player of the year award.

If we dicount games played I would say top 5

1. Petrov

2. Cuellar

3. Herd

4. Lichaj

5. Keane

Petrov for me, with Robbie Keane a close second. Even though he only played for 6 games, he showed more in those 6 matches than most of our squad have over the course of a whole season.

Robbie Keane part is ridiculous. not your point but the fact that he played 6 games and is actually a realistic contender :'(

It will be Petrov of course.

Not that he's been better than everyone else, but as a nice gesture. Kind of like when Ryan Giggs got PFA Player of the Year.

I choose to abstain from voting as i don't see any deserving candidate this season.

If Petrov wins it im fine with that

On the flipside we have loads of players in contention for Young Player of the Season. ATM id give it to Weimann

Â