Player of the season

Mr.Messy

Ireland hasn't done much wrong in the games he's played, quite the opposite and the same could be said about Given. Gabby shouldn't be considered imo.

Given gets the nod from me, he's been pretty busy and kept us in games a few times.

Based on the poll conducted via the OS Herd doesn't seem to qualify for their young player of the year award.

If we dicount games played I would say top 5

1. Petrov

2. Cuellar

3. Herd

4. Lichaj

5. Keane

I agree with this.

but realistically I'll say Stan then Ireland. Young player has to be Herd, Lichaj or Weimann

Petrov (Mr consistent in this sackofwank season), then Given.

It shows just how bad this season has been - it also highlights how much we must improve defensively... our back 4 are a shambles - only cost £21.5m as well :uhoh:

Said to my mate on the coach down to arsenal, that POS had to be Petrov. He looked at me blankly and said why....."I know he hasnt been great, bar the odd game, but name anyone who has consistently performed at a higher level"...there was silence for a couple of mins....then he just nodded...says it all really.

In Villa SC Sweden we've been giving away our own player of the year award. Last three winner were as follows: Berry, Milner, Downing. I was going to vote for Beye this year but now I'm unsure.

Definitely a two horse race between Stan and Ireland. If SI had featured a lot more there'd be no contest, but he did'nt and Petrov did so........

Thought at first it might seem a tad patronising to give it to Stan, given that a few of us (ahem) were sure he was past his best, but over the course of the season he HAS shown a consistency and responsibility to the club. Its been a tough old year, for more reasons than one, so he's earned it.

I think it's Ireland for me. Since becoming a more or less regular starter he's looked the most motivated member of the team, and has been the only reason we've been able to sustain a presence in the opposition half for many games. He has lacked some game time, but between lacking form and lacking game time, most of the team have struggled.

Petrov gets it and Herd gets Young player.

Ireland would be a good shout as well but I just dont think he has played enough minutes.

Whose fault is that, his or Mcleish, the manager has come out saying he's been amazing in training all season so you'd have to wonder why he wasn't played all season.

No mention for Michael Oliver yet? He has been one of our most consistent performers. In fact every time I've seen him he has played a blinder for us :thumb:

Â