Player of the season

Mr.Messy

I'm actually bemused by some of the answers in this thread So said I would have a quick look at the top 4 suggested players, looked at polls and ranked them highest 3 points, second highest 2 points, third highest 1 point, which I think is fair,

They scored as follows, second stat is games played

Given = 14 (27)

Petrov = 17 (26)

gabby = 19 (29)

Ireland = 30 (16)

Given that Ireland scored 30% higher then second place thus far, and has played at a minimum 10 games less, it shows the standard and consistency of his performances as rated by people on this very site, but when it comes

to poty then ppl aren't having him, find it quite strange so little ppl have mentioned him,

Especially when it also shows the other 3 played and were not recognised as playing well in the majority of their performances.

Just because someone plays lots of games badly doesn't make them the player of the year

Injured or not, considerably better than all the above again yesterday ( petrov excluded), topped poll again for motm, consistent if anything.

Many may well disagree buy i'd go for Chris Herd.

I get the Ireland shouts but for me he could still do more, I expected him to chip in with more goals and we're yet to see the player that was so liked by many City fans. Ireland will always be contested against what we know him to be able to do and what we consider as good performances from him in our current plight.

For me, Chris Herd came into the team, anyone saying they weren't apprehensive is lying. I don't think he's ever really let us down, he puts in the tackles and he's matured a lot as a player to the level where I feel he is missed in our line-up. He deserves to be discussed imo.

I totally agree. Herd has been solid all season. Some people say they dont really see him in the match but he does his job so well get the ball back and clear the danger. Just tells the story of the season that i think it should be defensive midfielder.

I get the Ireland shouts but for me he could still do more, I expected him to chip in with more goals and we're yet to see the player that was so liked by many City fans. Ireland will always be contested against what we know him to be able to do and what we consider as good performances from him in our current plight.

For me, Chris Herd came into the team, anyone saying they weren't apprehensive is lying. I don't think he's ever really let us down, he puts in the tackles and he's matured a lot as a player to the level where I feel he is missed in our line-up. He deserves to be discussed imo.

I second this. He's added some much needed bite to the midfield and has easily been our most consistent performer this season.

Agree with allof this,I voted for himearlier in the thread and I think he was MOTM again yesterday.

Â