Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho will be manager of Man. United rather than City imo. Maybe not as Fergie's successor as that will be a rebuilding job for whoever but certainly some time in the next 10 years and then he'll do the Portugal job before he retires.

I don't think it's really the same. Going from Madrid to City is pretty much all about the money, why else would you make that move? Going from Porto to Chelsea is something most people would consider I'd imagine, regardless of the money involved.

I think United and International football are going to be Jose's next moves.

Jose has now done/doing 3 very similar jobs, working with big clubs with very high ambitions. Man City would pose a great challenge for a manager of his calibre, to lift them initially into the CL and then to realistic title challengers would be a great lure.

He'd also be able to write his own paychecks which I imagine would be nice.

I know this isn't the topic for it but what are the chances of England getting the England job? It would be interesting to say the least.
Mike England? He was a decent player in his day, but I don't think the FA would appoint a 68 year old Welshman.

Can't see Jason Scotland getting the Scotland job, either.

Stephen Ireland might yet manage Ireland, though.

I know this isn't the topic for it but what are the chances of England getting the England job? It would be interesting to say the least.
Mike England? He was a decent player in his day, but I don't think the FA would appoint a 68 year old Welshman.

The Moon Man FTW!! :clap::mrgreen::lol:

The Oulaw Josey Wales for the Wales job?

1976_outlaw.jpg

The Oulaw Josey Wales for the Wales job?

1976_outlaw.jpg

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em in.

Cook flies transfer wishlist to Abu Dhabi

Daniel Taylor

gary-cook.jpg

• Cook to meet Manchester City's owner and chairman

• Future of Emmanuel Adebayor likely to be discussed

Garry Cook, the Manchester City chief executive, has flown to Abu Dhabi to deliver a progress report to the club's owner, Sheikh Mansour, and set in place their spending plans for what promises to be another extensive period of business in the January transfer window.

Edin Dzeko, the prolific Wolfsburg striker, is the principal target, though City know from experience that the Bundesliga club can be difficult negotiators. The clubs spent most of the summer haggling over a fee for the Bosnia international before City walked away from the deal because of the disparity in what they were willing to pay, around £25m to £30m, and Wolfsburg's valuation of £45m.

Cook is meeting the club's chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, and their agenda will also include how to trim the squad of some of Roberto Mancini's fringe players, part of the effort to reduce the wage bill in line with Uefa's fair-play regulations.

The difficulty facing City is that their players are on such high salaries there is a fear potential buyers may be deterred. Wayne Bridge, who has already been informed he has no future at the club, earns £95,000 a week, while Emmanuel Adebayor is one of City's higher earners, with a weekly salary in the region of £150,000.

Adebayor's volatile relationship with the manager, Roberto Mancini, has improved recently and the club's coaching staff have been encouraged by his work on the training ground compared to six weeks ago when his attitude had become a major issue.

Nonetheless, manager and player still have differences. Adebayor's reaction at the final whistle of last night's 0-0 draw with Manchester United, heading straight down the tunnel, made clear his displeasure about being brought on as a substitute for only the final few seconds. City's backroom staff have noted that when he was informed he was replacing Carlos Tevez he did not have his shin pads or his boots on.

City will also listen to offers for the increasingly peripheral Shaun Wright-Phillips and Roque Santa Cruz while Shay Given wants a loan move after losing his place to Joe Hart.

As for Mancini, the manager appears to have ridden the storm of losing three successive matches before Sunday's 2-0 victory at West Bromwich Albion, although many supporters have questioned the team's conservative tactics in the Manchester derby.

Those criticisms were also aired by Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit in their role as television pundits. "Chelsea's goal difference is plus 23, City's is five," Souness said. "I don't think you can go with that three of Tevez, [David] Silva and Yaya Touré if you want to play attractive football, be on the front foot, and win home games, which you must do if you are going to win anything."

Gullit said: "It's not pretty is it? You can see that they have difficulties to find each other [in attacking positions]. When they want to cross it, there is no one there to cross it to."

The centre-half Kolo Touré defended Mancini's tactics. "United are a top club with top players and it was important not to lose the game as we had to keep fourth place. When you play against the top teams the most important thing is to try not to lose. It was a difficult game for us and we are delighted with a draw."

Clicky

Gary Cock is the epitomy of everything that is wrong with football. I remember his quote 'we are going to bring the players to Manchester City that Manchester City deserves'. You deserve no more than Stoke or Wigan you patronising f*ck-wit.

Â