Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Their board (blue moon) makes for some quite interesting reading at times.

They commend Milner on his running, but see him as nothing more than a squad player.

They're not immensely fond of Yaya Toure.

Few people beginning to question Barry's mobility.

Fair few more people have turned on Adam Johnson after his recent comments.

Balotelli is immune from abuse, because "thats the way he is".

Oh, and they're also an exceptionally deluded bunch. Having not scored for an eternity, one poster posed the question, "Are we too much like Arsenal?".

Balotelli is immune from abuse, because "thats the way he is".

Maybe not for long Shillzz.

In the Mirror today (with quotes) he claims he could be off in june.

I said before Balotelli signed he would be be shit.

Not because of his ability - he's a technically very gifted player but purely because of his attitude.. I saw him a couple of times playing for Inter and if during the course of a match someone didnt pass to him when maybe they should have, that was the last effort you'd see from him in the game..

So if you put that player in a team full of people like that, you're doomed to fail.. a team with Balotelli, Yaya, Ade is never going to win anything because they wont work for each other. The only players saving Man City at the moment are people like Johnson, Milner and David Silva and thats because their attitudes dont stink.

Yes Man City will probably get to the CL but they wont have the togetherness to do what Man Utd did to us on saturday, when you're down, dig deep and play for the team..Its just not going to happen.

Interesting about Milner, speak to a few City fans who can't stand him as a player and say he suits the negativity of Mancini and they just see him as a runner.

His career has gone a bit stale since his move there hasn't it, sparkling debut against Liverpool aside?

Interesting to see that Mancini insists on playing him on the wing :D

James Milner has no doubt Manchester City will eventually gatecrash the Champions League.

In a week that started with more discussion about the perceived negativity of Roberto Mancini's tactics and ends with a meeting with Fulham on Sunday, question marks have again been raised about City's ability to fulfil the lofty ambitions of owner Sheikh Mansour. Having arrived at Eastlands from Aston Villa this summer, Milner had to work out the answers for himself.

The answers were all positive, and he said: "City will get there slightly quicker. We are in a better position with the owners investing in the way they have and hopefully we will soon be in the Champions League and beyond."

He added: "We are all desperate to win trophies. That is why I came here. Everything is moving forward. It is all there for us. Now it is up to us to go ahead and do it."

Milner echoes the words of Mancini on Friday.

The Italian has been quick to play down the personal aspect of Sunday's encounter with former City boss Mark Hughes' Fulham at Craven Cottage, knowing his own record is very similar to that of Hughes before the Welshman was unceremoniously dumped just before Christmas last year.

Forceful interjections from club staff insisting the two records are not like-for-like - given Hughes had started his second season and Mancini had not been in position for less than a year - are not being afforded as much credence as City would like purely because similar assurances were made about Hughes.

There is one key difference though. The Blues' league position.

Whereas City's record last year kept them out of the top four, the bizarre nature of the Premier League this term means City are firmly established within it.

And it is that placing, even beyond a desperate desire to land a first trophy since 1976, that will determine Mancini's fate.

http://tinyurl.com/238atgp

I hope the Man Citeh fans grow to hate him and he wishes he never left the money-chasing prick.

Don't matter what we think. The boss is in love with him, even though he's looked hopelessly out of position at winger. Nevertheless, guess where we see him every week? Winger!

Urgh. Maybe a shock result at Fulham will change his mind. He'll really be braving a shower of shite if our old gaffer beats us!

I hope the Man Citeh fans grow to hate him and he wishes he never left the money-chasing prick.

Don't matter what we think. The boss is in love with him, even though he's looked hopelessly out of position at winger. Nevertheless, guess where we see him every week? Winger!

Urgh. Maybe a shock result at Fulham will change his mind. He'll really be braving a shower of shite if our old gaffer beats us!

In his first spell at VP James Milner was a player that you admired for his work rate, but always left the ground wondering what he actually did.

During his second spell he came of age and I still think that he is the finest English midfielder of his generation.

If he survives the constant turnover of staff, he will be at the forefront of Citeh's inevitable success.

If not, he will undoubtedly be a Liverpool or Tottenham player in a couple of years time.

In his first spell at VP James Milner was a player that you admired for his work rate, but always left the ground wondering what he actually did.

During his second spell he came of age and I still think that he is the finest English midfielder of his generation.

If he survives the constant turnover of staff, he will be at the forefront of Citeh's inevitable success.

If not, he will undoubtedly be a Liverpool or Tottenham player in a couple of years time.

Thanks, mate. That is exactly how I feel watching him. I'm wondering what he did near the opponent's goal for most of the match. His workrate is immense, though.

I really want him to succeed. He's got a fantastic attitude, hard to find right now with certain players at City. Hard not to like the guy as he's always positive and never a bad word to say about anything.

But he has never once gotten around the fullback. He's a fantastic crosser. His pace is passable, though not really optimal winger speed. His shooting ability is wasted at narrow angles to the goal.

I see him eventually occupying Barry's spot since he tackles and reads the game well.

That is because he isn't a winger, never has been never will be. If your manager bought him to do that he is stupid and Milner is stupid for making the move it really is that simple. Martin O'Neill wasn't a genius for moving Milner inside, Milner has always been a CM but because of the young age he made the first teams of Leeds, Newcastle and Villa (the first time) he was played out wide and not trusted in the centre.

Because of his exceptional work rate and his ability to use both feet he did more than okay for himself out there but other than his work rate didn't look anything remarkable certainly not enough for someone to pay £20m + for him.

O'Neill though was brave enough to move him and give him his chance in the middle and boy oh boy did he take it last season with a brilliant season for us. His work rate, drive and desire were the heartbeat of our side and he weighed in with goals and assists and looked like he could become some player in that role and an England regular.

He was never and will never be a winger even if a couple of Italian managers aren't able to see it, move him in the middle and you will see the player us Villa fans know you have. Milner could and should be the heart of your team pulling the strings and driving you forward it is your managers greatest failing so far that he can't see that.

That is because he isn't a winger, never has been never will be. If your manager bought him to do that he is stupid and Milner is stupid for making the move it really is that simple. Martin O'Neill wasn't a genius for moving Milner inside, Milner has always been a CM but because of the young age he made the first teams of Leeds, Newcastle and Villa (the first time) he was played out wide and not trusted in the centre.

Because of his exceptional work rate and his ability to use both feet he did more than okay for himself out there but other than his work rate didn't look anything remarkable certainly not enough for someone to pay £20m + for him.

O'Neill though was brave enough to move him and give him his chance in the middle and boy oh boy did he take it last season with a brilliant season for us. His work rate, drive and desire were the heartbeat of our side and he weighed in with goals and assists and looked like he could become some player in that role and an England regular.

He was never and will never be a winger even if a couple of Italian managers aren't able to see it, move him in the middle and you will see the player us Villa fans know you have. Milner could and should be the heart of your team pulling the strings and driving you forward it is your managers greatest failing so far that he can't see that.

One other thing about JM.

No Villa player that I can remember was so good at running the clock down in the last few minutes. He definitely saved us points over the past couple of seasons.

Fantastic result. Just what we needed.

IMHO you should win the league this year, and if you don't, given the amount of money you have spent, it should be seen as a failure ....

Fantastic result. Just what we needed.

IMHO you should win the league this year, and if you don't, given the amount of money you have spent, it should be seen as a failure ....

I agree and given the issues with Man Utd and Chelsea this season its hard to imagine you being given more of an opportunity.

Â