Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as a dislike the man, with City's resources he would get them into Champions league. He is a motivator and tends to be able to get key people playing well. He'll get results with that squad and be able to tell players he doesn't want to bugger off and City's owners will give him money to do whatever he wants.

I dont think he'll be able to get them performing in CL and challenging for the title but seeing as managers at the club have a shelf life of a year that wont be a problem

city dont have the players mon needs to do a job with

he'd be a disaster there with a group of big time charlies

Just thinking about the amount of egos in that dressing room is frankly worrying.. don't know how anyone could motivate those players, let alone mancini.

Once there on the pitch they could just do what they want and not be bothered of course, manager gets the blame looses his job.. another one comes in, player power today is another worrying issue.

Jose Mourinho will become the number one target for Manchester City if they finally decide to ditch Roberto Mancini.

Despite trying to play down talks of growing rifts inside the camp and pressure to secure results, the Italian will face more unwelcome headlines if his side slump to their fourth straight defeat at West Brom today.

City official stance is to back Mancini.

But there are grave concerns among the club hierarchy.

Sheik Mansour, the club’s billionaire owner, is only interested in one man and if he does pull the plug on Mancini’s tenure. That man is Real Madrid coach Mourinho.

A senior City source said last night: “In the event the club parted company with Roberto there is only one obvious candidate to replace him.

“The board would have no real power to appoint, it would come direct from the owner and it is no secret that he loves Mourinho.”

Some critics will claim any move for Mourinho is doomed to failure. The former Chelsea boss has launched his career in spectacular, unbeaten style at Madrid and is being acclaimed by their fans in a way previously unknown by coaches.

Sheik Mansour has the cheque book to turn any heads. But if they can’t lure Mourinho there will be more realistic targets at home.

Former Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill is available and it’s also been suggested they could even attempt to lure Harry Redknapp away from Tottenham.

http://tinyurl.com/3ylcmwq

LOL! Mirrorfootball come up with some bollocks - "Senior City Source" - :lol:

City fans have been asking who this supposed city source is as it blurts negative nonsense through the press :lol:

Best man city player with the arab dollars = Carlos Tevez.

Unbelievable player seriously never gets mentioned alike with the worlds best i think he's up there as one of the best strikers in the world.

If only MON didnt sign trash like Harewood Curtis davies and Nicky shorey and saved it all for Carlos Tevez he really is the diff between mediocrity and superiority (top 8/top 4) probs the only reason why citey will be a decent side **** other players such as lescott, gareth barry and patrick viera.

Mourinho wants to prove himself though. With everyone saying Mancini isn't good enough to control all those egos, he could see it as a chance to prove, once again, he's better than everyone else.

Controlling all those egos is something very few managers will be able to do, it would be as much of a challenge for Mourinho as what he did at Porto.

But I still don't think he'll do it. He'll be new Man Utd boss once he's won the CL with Real Madrid.

Mourinho is not leaving Madrid until he wins something. He has already said he wants to be the first man to win the title in each of the three big leagues in Europe. I'm sure he would like to be the man who gives Madrid their 10th European cup too. He doesnt need the money, it's all about legacy for him now (and at just 47 years of age, that is an astonishing thing to say!) and I cant see him bringing anything other than success to Madrid.

After Madrid I think he will probably have a go at the Portugal job, then come back into club football after a couple of tournaments with his country. Manchester City are way down the list of attractive options to him.

If Mourinho went to City I'd lose a LOT of respect for him. Don't think he'd do it though.

Why?

I hate City and I like Mourinho. :lol:

But why would you lose respect for him? He's done it before when he joined Chelsea.

If Mourinho went to City I'd lose a LOT of respect for him. Don't think he'd do it though.

Why?

I hate City and I like Mourinho. :lol:

But why would you lose respect for him? He's done it before when he joined Chelsea.

I don't think it's really the same. Going from Madrid to City is pretty much all about the money, why else would you make that move? Going from Porto to Chelsea is something most people would consider I'd imagine, regardless of the money involved.

I think United and International football are going to be Jose's next moves.

Â