Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Fantastic result. Just what we needed.

IMHO you should win the league this year, and if you don't, given the amount of money you have spent, it should be seen as a failure ....

You wouldn't be alone with that opinion if you were a City fan.

I know. I know enough of them, given where I live :winkold:

Still, emphatic win today!

I hope the Man Citeh fans grow to hate him and he wishes he never left the money-chasing prick.

Don't matter what we think. The boss is in love with him, even though he's looked hopelessly out of position at winger. Nevertheless, guess where we see him every week? Winger!

Urgh. Maybe a shock result at Fulham will change his mind. He'll really be braving a shower of shite if our old gaffer beats us!

In his first spell at VP James Milner was a player that you admired for his work rate, but always left the ground wondering what he actually did.

During his second spell he came of age and I still think that he is the finest English midfielder of his generation.

If he survives the constant turnover of staff, he will be at the forefront of Citeh's inevitable success.

If not, he will undoubtedly be a Liverpool or Tottenham player in a couple of years time.

Thanks, mate. That is exactly how I feel watching him. I'm wondering what he did near the opponent's goal for most of the match. His workrate is immense, though.

I really want him to succeed. He's got a fantastic attitude, hard to find right now with certain players at City. Hard not to like the guy as he's always positive and never a bad word to say about anything.

But he has never once gotten around the fullback. He's a fantastic crosser. His pace is passable, though not really optimal winger speed. His shooting ability is wasted at narrow angles to the goal.

I see him eventually occupying Barry's spot since he tackles and reads the game well.

He was a bit of a nothing player on the wing. He had the tricks, but lacked the pace to be a good winger at this level, tbh, I thought he was totally overrated. Then MON moved him inside and it was like having a new player, if he had more pace I think we'd be talking about a top, top player.

As it is, he's a very good CM, but not quite worth the money City paid for him.

Fantastic result. Just what we needed.

IMHO you should win the league this year, and if you don't, given the amount of money you have spent, it should be seen as a failure ....

I agree and given the issues with Man Utd and Chelsea this season its hard to imagine you being given more of an opportunity.

Chelsea will still win the league IMO. It's no surprise they've been on a bad run whilst Lampard, Terry and Essien have been out (altho Lampard's been out all year, I know).

Agreed Claret that Chelsea will still win the league, they had 60 shots against Small Heath and Zilina and only yielded 2 goals. I don't they are playing badly, just being unlucky.

Someone is going to get a real spanking from them, hopefully its the barcodes this weekend. When Lamaprd and Essien return they'll be back to their unstoppable selves.

well Man City have to finish in the top 3 with the money they have spent and players they have bought. the lack of injuries and the size of their squad, and their strength in depth.

If they finish 5th or less then their season is equivalent to us finishing 15th.

If they finish 5th or less then their season is equivalent to us finishing 15th.

Which we quite possibly will :-(

no we won't. there is more chance of us finishing 13th or higher than 14th or lower.

Since the prem has began (possibly with the exception of Ipswich), teams coming up from Champ have a shit second half to the season.

I don't know what would be funnier, City no top 4 or Spurs one season in champs league and then never again, tbh, I'd rather Spurs get in there, doubt they will buy that much anyway while laughing at City will be fun.

No, Man City is only a matter of time before they become established in the top 4.

There is no reason to want Spurs to get more of an advantage as well.

Â