Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still only a decent coach away from doing something though. Manchini is so **** negative that it is going to get him the sack.

I don't fancy even a great coach to turn things around before having a summer window. At that point, it's three years of serious spending with little to show for it (a pair of Europa League berths and a League Cup semifinal), with three managers to go with those three years: that's the recipe for becoming a bit of a joke of a club, with the caliber of player/coach that they'd be able to sign decreasing thereafter.

I would take Milner back, he obviously isn't very happy at Man City, I mean the culture seems to be ridiculous.

I can't believe Barry of all people now has become like this, it's crazy really.

No wonder Milner is pissed, he's a good old professional that one, and cares about his career greatly. I think it is clear Man City is not the right club for him to progress, at least right now. They need a Mourinho type to sort them out.

I would take Milner back, he obviously isn't very happy at Man City, I mean the culture seems to be ridiculous.
I admit, I would too, only because it would benefit Villa though. It would take a lot of effort to win me and most other fans over I expect.

On the other hand though, he wanted to go there for all that extra money and for going to a club like City he deserves to miserable.

Still, would be quite funny if we picked up Milner at some point in the future for half what we sold him for. :lol:

They are still only a decent coach away from doing something though. Manchini is so **** negative that it is going to get him the sack.

If you mean a decent coach signing some better players then I'd agree, I don't think a top coach could win the league with this group. They need to sign hungry players like what Jose did with Chelsea. MC going after big names who sell their soul for mega wages won't give 100% every week.

Problem is they have no room in the squad for new players, they cannot move them on without paying up their ridiculous contracts and sending them to their rivals.

I think Man City are doing a very good job of how not to be the best despite having unlimited funds.

What evidence do we have about Milner hating it at City?

I hope it's true, but are we jus basing it on a couple of facial expressions?

ive been wondering this as well, for me Milner has already proved a lot wrong by going to City and establishing himself. Everyone is jumping all over one result, if things had gone a little different in the first half they may well have gone in quite a few goals up. I suspect they'll be in the top 4 come May, they need a few years of consistency, get rid of some bad eggs and i believe they can challenge Chelsea.

Haha, loving this. Mancini will be out by January at the latest, and whoever they bring in won't be enough to get them what they want which is at least 4th place......

I hope Barry and Milner are having fun.

If you mean a decent coach signing some better players then I'd agree, I don't think a top coach could win the league with this group. They need to sign hungry players like what Jose did with Chelsea. MC going after big names who sell their soul for mega wages won't give 100% every week.

Problem is they have no room in the squad for new players, they cannot move them on without paying up their ridiculous contracts and sending them to their rivals.

I think Man City are doing a very good job of how not to be the best despite having unlimited funds.

I genuinely think the right gaffer could do something with that squad.

Â