Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

You guys make a compelling argument. Posting funny pictures automatically wins any debate, touché.

I'm sure I heard that City have given out 58 squad numbers for the start of the season, without yet issuing one to Kolarov.

:shock:

This is a consequence of our unfortunately named Elite U-21s that has replaced our reserves. The basic premise, is that the U21 is a team that will enter the reserve league but also tour the world playing friendlies and learn about other academies. However, the rule that City have enforced upon themselves that they can only play for what is essentially our reserves until 21, after which they will be part of the first team and train at the same place. The guys who aren't ready for first team football get loaned out. The squad consists of people who would usually be classed as youth players, so it adds lots of new figures to City. There are people been given a number who I've never even seen mentioned for our reserves before, let alone the squad.

I'm not sure I particularly agree with City on this one and think that the traditional reserve team has a role to play, yet it's the explanation of the mass of numbers.

Gotcha. It's a strange decision.

If Balotelli and Milner arrive will they have to play wearing 60 and 61 or are there suspicious gaps in the numbering?

*Edit*

I've had a look, you've left 13,16 and 22 and looking at it, the blokes wearing 6,7 and 8 might all be moved on.

Why is 23 retired?

23 is retired because it was Marc Vivien Foe's number, who was a City player when he died on the pitch in the 2003 Confederations Cups. We have a lovely memorial garden for him as well outside Eastlands that's cared for by the fans.

Gotcha. It's a strange decision.

If Balotelli and Milner arrive will they have to play wearing 60 and 61 or are there suspicious gaps in the numbering?

*Edit*

I've had a look, you've left 13,16 and 22 and looking at it, the blokes wearing 6,7 and 8 might all be moved on.

Why is 23 retired?

They're waiting to sign LeBron James?

EDIT: poor attempt at humor in light of the facts left in order to put myself in a bad light for posterity.

23 is retired because it was Marc Vivien Foe's number, who was a City player when he died on the pitch in the 2003 Confederations Cups. We have a lovely memorial garden for him as well outside Eastlands that's cared for by the fans.

Yeah, but it's not Citeh's garden; they just waited for a gardner to finish putting time, effort, and money into growing and nurturing his plot then 1 week before the Chelsea Flower Show offered him an obscene amount of money for it.

I've asked this before i think, the new 25 man squad rule, i take it its irrespective of squad numbers? You dont have to number them 1-25 and then reserves ( or bloody elite u21s ) can still have official squad numbers without being in the 25

I've asked this before i think, the new 25 man squad rule, i take it its irrespective of squad numbers? You dont have to number them 1-25 and then reserves ( or bloody elite u21s ) can still have official squad numbers without being in the 25

Not seen mention of having to have specific numbers

Yeah, but it's not Citeh's garden; they just waited for a gardner to finish putting time, effort, and money into growing and nurturing his plot then 1 week before the Chelsea Flower Show offered him an obscene amount of money for it.

Considering it's a memorial garden planted, cared for and maintained by the fans from scratch in respect to a dead player, I can't help but feeling that this joke was in a bit poor taste.

Retiring the no. 23 shirt in respect for MVF is probably the only thing Citeh have done with any dignity that I can remember as I don't actually follow City, don't appreciate their history or in particularly their award winning City in the Community program that has been running for 50 years and making the lifes of the people of Manchester better. I'm also not aware who Carl Ramsbottom is, or Gordon Love, and haven't bothered to have a look at City's OS with videos that are tagged under "Charity" which document other things that the club do on a near daily basis..

Fixed that for you.

Considering it's a memorial garden planted, cared for and maintained by the fans from scratch in respect to a dead player, I can't help but feeling that this joke was in a bit poor taste.

It's just a topical joke Damocles.. lighten up :D

Have you ever written into 'points of view'?

Black comedy. Bearing in mind the club's performances over the last few decades, I'd have thought a Citeh fan would appreciate it.

I can understand why he didn't, but i found it funny.

Have you ever written into 'points of view'?

On a side note, has anyone ever written into Points of View to complain about Points of View? Surely the universe would implode?

It happens quite a lot. They tend to just read the complaint out instead of trying to kill every living thing in the universe.

Welcome to VT

Haha SSN this morning, city players with the ravens, some player giving it the big un, "you're my favourite team, i love you guys, whenever im on xbox i always pick utd, you're my favourite"

He was about 3 times the size of the city players, strange how no one rused to tell him he'd **** up...

Â