Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Has anyone seen the Bluemoon forum? In their transfer section they have a thread just about Villa. Within that thread is a load of real dim Citeh fans. I used to think highly of their club but certain fans are really getting above their station and belittling us and basically world football.

Have spent a lot of my life living as an outcast on the Isle of wight, the mad thing is there are a lot of fans here from oop north, Man City fans especially and I have known quite a few since I moved here in 1997.

Always had good debates with them all, but in the past 2 years that has changed but I will tell you more about one guy in particular.

We started chatting a few years back as he always seemed to have inside knowledge of other clubs, he would come to me and say "Villa want X,Y or Z" and would usually be spot on. We'd talk about the state of football and how he hated Chelsea for buying titles and so on.

When O'Learygate happened he said player power was too much and we sat down and debated what was wrong with Villa, we both concluded it was Doug - and this was always the way, neither of us believed either was right or wrong, we just loved talking football.

We'd talk about Man City too, his love was incredible and his hatred for United more so, he had attented every single game possible, up to the point he moved to the Island and of course, that is where our friendship started - two clubs fighting to make it.

Anyway, it was strange because within a few months of them getting the new chairmen and all the money, he was impossible to debate with. We fell out over Barry as he was telling me Barry was brilliant at left midfield under MON and I kept explaining he played in the middle, but he just would not listen and had this formation worked out and all sorts and told me I was wrong for hating Barry as he just wanted to play for a big team... yeah.

Since then he has been terrible "we are going to be bigger than Madrid" and "As soon as Delph is ready he will come to Man City, a club with real prospects" and all shit like that, really cocky and over the top behaviour, impossible to reason with.

He sent me a text recently after we started talking again about Milner and all he kept saying was "As soon as Delfouneso is ready, we'll be having him at man city"

pathetic.

And he is not the only one as two other of their fans have gone from sensible to impossible.

I got so annoyed with him being cocky yesterday I just deleted his number and blocked him (iblacklist) he has become boring and talks like the Chelsea and Manure fans he hated for so long.

Oh and I have an email from him from 2 years ago...! In it he is going on about ireland being better than Gerrard.. I sent it to him yesterday after he was saying Ireland is average and Milner is the next Gerrard.

I lost a good friend.

They've ruined the game.

End of.

Yeah, everything was perfect before Man City got some cash :lol:

Rampant capitalism has been screwing football for at least 15 years, City have just taken it up a notch.

dodykness, your Man City mate is probably right though, in that Delph and Delfouneso will probably move on to Man City or similar club in a fwe years time unless we get in top 4, which I doubt will happen. You could add Gary Gardner or Ciaran Clark to this list if they do make it in the Villa team.

Some of their fans were an absolute disgrace last season after the game at their place - really in our faces as we were walking along (this was lads probably in their 20s mind you - and some older Man C fans came along afterwards and had a sensible discussion with us as we walked back to the car). Man C fans used to be decent and I guess the majority still are - but there is certainly this horrid chavvy aggressive cocky element amongst the younger ones now

Some of their fans were an absolute disgrace last season after the game at their place - really in our faces as we were walking along (this was lads probably in their 20s mind you - and some older Man C fans came along afterwards and had a sensible discussion with us as we walked back to the car). Man C fans used to be decent and I guess the majority still are - but there is certainly this horrid chavvy aggressive cocky element amongst the younger ones now

you could say that about a lot of clubs

We had exactly the same thing, which is why I grinned when Crouchy scored for Spurs at COMS a few days later.

The City manager seemed to put an end to Craig Bellamy's time at Eastlands by suggesting he will not be included in his 25-man squad for the coming league season. "I have to choose 25," he added. "The rest must find another team. Craig is out of the list."

Thats how you treat one of your best players from the previous season.

:lol:

A lot of this comes down on Mancini in my opinion. Most of the players dont seem to know where they stand, Given and Hart dont know whos number 1, and 5 or 6 players dont know if they are in the 25 man squad or not. Bellamy has said Mancini hasn't spoken to him since February, this will soon be a very unhappy camp. A bit of communication between players and management costs nothing. Mancini wont last managing a squad like this.

you could say that about a lot of clubs

I went to the game when Sven was in charge a couple of years ago and we had to run a gauntlet of bottles leaving the ground, a load of fans were waiting for us behind the fencing the police were there with dogs but didn't give a ****.

Ha.

Honestly though they are killing football. **** 'em.

Hmm. I don't disagree. But is it just a case that they're killing it a bit more quickly than Chelsea are/were. Or than Réal and Barca do every season? I think it's more the johnny-come-lately aspect we don't like. I don't mind Réal or Barca buying the biggest players in the world. After all, they're the biggest teams. But they've shown that they can't afford to do what they're doing yet they persist in doing it. At least Citeh can afford it. It's a tough one. It's an open market so in that sense they say 'screw you'. You can't close the market without benefitting the biggest teams by linking to turnover, thereby protecting the biggest teams and ensuring the cartel that we're all so against. Let's just ride it out and see what happens.

Â