Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Oh, you're in for it now PompeyVillan! Damocles will soon correct you and name all the countries that Man City have played in..

Last season we played in England, errr....some places called 英国 and 英國, L'Angleterre, oh we had a couple games in that Αγγλία place, which we went to after we played the earlier round in Англия, finally getting knocked out of the competition when we were in Inglaterra.

As you can see, we've really had lots of travelling over the last year or so, and to afford ANOTHER trip to the US was a step too far.

Can we rename him Glastoncity :winkold:

I used to live in Wigan near the hospital. You have my deepest condolences and commiserations.

I'd offer you my deepest condolences and commiserations for supporting Citeh, but I couldn't do it sincerely.

... If Spurs and Sporting fans can afford their season tickets, a £3000 trip to the US, then the cost to travel around Europe all season then more power to them (the jammy bastards).

I'd imagine a fair few of the Spurs fans at the "New York Challenge" trophy games actually live in and around NY. It's called having a global fan base.

... If Spurs and Sporting fans can afford their season tickets, a £3000 trip to the US, then the cost to travel around Europe all season then more power to them (the jammy bastards).

I'd imagine a fair few of the Spurs fans at the "New York Challenge" trophy games actually live in and around NY. It's called having a global fan base.

:crylaugh:

Pompous, pretentious, phallus.

They must be HUGE fans, living in New York and commuting to WHL every two weeks. Must also earn a lot of money.

:crylaugh:

Pompous, pretentious, phallus.

Call it what you like, but it's nonetheless true.

Oh, you're in for it now PompeyVillan! Damocles will soon correct you and name all the countries that Man City have played in..

Last season we played in England, errr....some places called 英国 and 英國, L'Angleterre, oh we had a couple games in that Αγγλία place, which we went to after we played the earlier round in Англия, finally getting knocked out of the competition when we were in Inglaterra.

As you can see, we've really had lots of travelling over the last year or so, and to afford ANOTHER trip to the US was a step too far.

Dude - seriously, don't you just get bored correcting people in EVERY thread regarding Man.City...

How many other forums do you do this on for other clubs?

Not taking the piss, genuinely curious...

Dude - seriously, don't you just get bored correcting people in EVERY thread regarding Man.City...

How many other forums do you do this on for other clubs?

Not taking the piss, genuinely curious...

Please read the place names again. As some of the BM users would say

*facepalm*

I dont mean just this very thread, i mean in every thread regarding City... quite frankly i dont even read your posts anymore, if i wanted to know more about Man.City then i'd just go on the Man City site... (so apologies if you cracked a joke and i missed it)

They must be HUGE fans, living in New York and commuting to WHL every two weeks. Must also earn a lot of money.

So, what you're saying is, your definition of a fan is someone who attends every home game of the club they support?

So, with that definition in mind, Man City have about 47,000 fans in the world?

Seriously, dude, you can support a team without having to live in the country they play in. Just look at your brothers in red, they have millions of fans all over the world.

Seriously, dude, you can support a team without having to live in the country they play in. Just look at your brothers in red, they have millions of fans all over the world.

You can support a team from anywhere. There is a difference between supporting a team and following a team though.

It's much easier to follow a team.

I dont mean just this very thread, i mean in every thread regarding City... quite frankly i dont even read your posts anymore, if i wanted to know more about Man.City then i'd just go on the Man City site... (so apologies if you cracked a joke and i missed it)

What a strange thing to say whilst reading a thread titled "Let's all stare at Manchester City" :?

I agree that supporting and following a team is different, but the point I was trying to make to Glaston was that to be such loud singers and live in NY, they must regularly attend WHL. I suppose that's why WHL gets 35,000 every week, because they have a huge global fan base and for years they have flocked from all over the world to watch their heroes such as Jason Cundy and Ruel Fox.

Whereas our fanbase comes entirely from Stockport, and the 33,000 we used to pull in only had Second Division football to watch. The other 14,000 fans to our current attendance are people who we've tricked by changing the road signs round outside Manchester Airport.

IJHtE.jpg

Global fan base :crylaugh:

The cosy delusions of some VTers know no bounds it seems.

It's only a couple of weeks ago that I was told on here that Spurs were struggling to find a good shirt sponsorship deal to replace Mansion. It's only last season that I was repeatedly told on here that Spurs had "no chance" of top 4.

By the same token some VTers seem to fondly imagine that the reach of Spurs is confined mainly to North London. In fact we have partnership clubs in China, South Africa, Brazil and the USA, a world-wide scouting network, fan clubs right around the globe and a significant international profile. This is one reason why Spurs are able to attract such good sponsor deals: even last season and before, when we weren't even in with a shot at the CL, we had the 3rd most lucrative set of sponsor deals in the Prem.

August 10th 2009:

"Paul Barber, the executive director of English Premier League side Tottenham, had similar reasons to explain why his club traveled to Beijing, China for their fitness training.

He said: "Preseason offers the chance to achieve a number of different objectives including team preparation as well as for additional revenue.

"It allows us to generate further awareness of the club, which is particularly important, because we are looking for a naming rights partner for our new stadium and a new shirt sponsor.

"We believe it is very likely that these new partners will come from outside of Britain, so the chance to present our club and our team in new markets is very important. For clubs as big as we are, the revenues can be significant."

... With an estimated 20 million fans worldwide, Barber feels there is a duty ... to allow international fans to see the team at first hand."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/football/08/06/football.preseason.friendlies/index.html

Some VTers accuse me of "bigging up" Spurs - and doubtless this post will attract the same tired old response - when mostly I'm simply responding with the actual facts to small-time and ill-informed comments from some posters who don't really have a clue about Spurs, but like to pretend they do.

Â