Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Was it bad? Sure. Would it happen at other stadiums? Most likely.

Man City fans are no different to other supporters. Action needs to be taken to punish offenders, but "holier than thou" attitude is a bit off the mark. 

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Personally, I find the idea that they can simply 'tell a player they're free to leave' of Gundogan's quality, seemingly without being arsed to try to get much in the way of a transfer fee for him, is indicative of the anti-competitive gulf in finances between teams in the league. Them stockpiling players is also indicative of the same problem.

Oh I agree with that. Their squad is insane in terms of depth.

But teams letting older players go to moake way for younger/better players is completely normal. I was just taking issue with the "scrapheap" comment. They haven't put him on the scrapheap (if it's even true). They've told him he can leave or isn't needed because they have other players they want to use instead. That's football

Edited by Stevo985

28 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Was it bad? Sure. Would it happen at other stadiums? Most likely.

Man City fans are no different to other supporters. Action needs to be taken to punish offenders, but "holier than thou" attitude is a bit off the mark. 

Yes they are…

They are the scum of the Earth…

Id rather my children grew up to support Small Heath than them…

• Shocked 1

Had a Man City fan (maybe a year ago) say something to me about the fact that Villa have spent most of their years in the lower leagues (league one, Championship etc) and that’s it’s good to see a club rise like we have 😂

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Haha 1

You have to accept that the majority of city fans are young (because of their recent success), foreign people who'll use twitter to give as much shit as possible (to somehow make themselves soldiers for the cause) or people who changed from being Utd fans because of the success.

Very few supporters for the top teams are worth talking to, because their knowledge about football outside of the 4 blue walls is tiny.  

We're weirdo's using a forum for a middling PL club (proud history blah blah considering).  Not everyone is like us.  It's just best to smile and walk away, knowing you probably know more about their club than they do. 

My 7 year old keeps asking why he can't support Man City or Liverpool, because to a 7 year old, winning means more than being local. 

Who gives a shit what they think?  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You have to accept that the majority of city fans are young (because of their recent success), foreign people who'll use twitter to give as much shit as possible (to somehow make themselves soldiers for the cause) or people who changed from being Utd fans because of the success.

Very few supporters for the top teams are worth talking to, because their knowledge about football outside of the 4 blue walls is tiny.  

We're weirdo's using a forum for a middling PL club (proud history blah blah considering).  Not everyone is like us.  It's just best to smile and walk away, knowing you probably know more about their club than they do. 

My 7 year old keeps asking why he can't support Man City or Liverpool, because to a 7 year old, winning means more than being local. 

Who gives a shit what they think?  

There really isn’t enough Novichok in the world…

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If we ever become anywhere near as good as Man City then those same types of fans will support us

You're not wrong, and it's the kind of thing that makes me detest professional football.

I do wonder sometimes what the actual old fans of City think of their new found fans and success. Will they feel that some ghost has possessed their once local club, or are they just high on the success that human rights abuse money have gotten for their once mid-table side?

The league needs to start thinking seriously about a wage\transfer cap. That way you can't just spunk out 1 gazillion quid and win the league.

Edited by magnkarl

18 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Where would they be if they didn’t have you defending them, their club, their manager and their players…

They are ever so lucky

I wasn't defending them. You just don't need to tell us every couple of posts about how you'd like to murder thousands of people because they support Man City. We get it

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We get it, you don't like Man City fans

I'm genuinely surprised anybody knows any

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

in anticipation of this im planning on pushing my kids towards Barca, or Bayern, or Juve, or PSG, my idea is that they will support villa and then get their glory hunting fix from abroad

but pick your poison, seriously none of them are any better, how do you tell a kid that they cant support man city because of what they represent but they can support juve

its what football is, thats partly why i dont particularly hate man city im just losing interest in football in general

17 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I do wonder sometimes what the actual old fans of City think of their new found fans and success. Will they feel that some ghost has possessed their once local club, or are they just high on the success that human rights abuse money have gotten for their once mid-table side?

The league needs to start thinking seriously about a wage\transfer cap. That way you can't just spunk out 1 gazillion quid and win the league.

I honestly think i'd be bored supporting a team that won loads of stuff all the time.

Maybe I'd change my mind if we were ever that good. But the though of being an entitled Man utd fan who have won loads for decades and now moan about finishing 6th depresses me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to win SOMETHING.
But I think sort of Atletico Madrid levels of success would be perfect. The odd league title and cup victory and half a chance in the Champions League 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm genuinely surprised anybody knows any

in anticipation of this im planning on pushing my kids towards Barca, or Bayern, or Juve, or PSG, my idea is that they will support villa and then get their glory hunting fix from abroad

but pick your poison, seriously none of them are any better, how do you tell a kid that they cant support man city because of what they represent but they can support juve

its what football is, thats partly why i dont particularly hate man city im just losing interest in football in general

Mine's already got a Barca strip.. For shame. At least get a Milan strip, they've been shit for a decade (until yesterday WOOHOOO!) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly think i'd be bored supporting a team that won loads of stuff all the time.

Maybe I'd change my mind if we were ever that good. But the though of being an entitled Man utd fan who have won loads for decades and now moan about finishing 6th depresses me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to win SOMETHING.
But I think sort of Atletico Madrid levels of success would be perfect. The odd league title and cup victory and half a chance in the Champions League 

Any fans outside of Man Utd, Liverpool, (now) Chelsea, Man City and (was) Arsenal deserve success.  Leicester - I don't think anyone minds them when they won the league and FA cup, fair play.

I hope we get our day in the sun, and we're lucky compared to 80-odd+ teams in the league system having won a Coca-Cola cup as recently as 26 years ago.. It's depressing that no-one has a chance in reality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Mine's already got a Barca strip.. For shame. At least get a Milan strip, they've been shit for a decade (until yesterday WOOHOOO!) 

until they get bought by the qatar government...

they're all at it

Â