Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Wow, amazing interview off the back of a win. This is where Klopp can handle the media so much better than him. 

He looks like a man who doesn't know what to do or say. It should be pretty straight forward "I felt the red card was harsh but that's how it is here in England. I don't want Fernandinho to change his game (might be a lie but that's what you say). Delighted with the win and we're fully focussed on putting in a title challenge". Easy.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, amazing interview off the back of a win. This is where Klopp can handle the media so much better than him. 

He looks like a man who doesn't know what to do or say. It should be pretty straight forward "I felt the red card was harsh but that's how it is here in England. I don't want Fernandinho to change his game (might be a lie but that's what you say). Delighted with the win and we're fully focussed on putting in a title challenge". Easy.

Klopp was nearly as bad today. 

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Klopp was nearly as bad today. 

You're right, I wrote that before seeing his antics today. He's usually pretty good at managing the media and keeping his dirty laundry out of view. 

Both managers clearly under a lot of pressure.

I just saw it as he didn't want to criticise his player in public (Fernandinho) Mourinho also gets tetchy when there's a danger he might criticise his own player and just has a go at the ref instead.

I was more amused by what he was trying to say about Bravo making another error today. Sort of heard the response of this type of goal only happens in England which I didn't quite get.

Edit: I would love it in those situations if the reporter just said "well I thought it was clearly a red card for Fernandinho as he was two footed and lunging in so thanks for asking me Pep" but I suppose you have to keep professional and in any case Man. City would probably ban you from covering them.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I just saw it as he didn't want to criticise his player in public (Fernandinho) Mourinho also gets tetchy when there's a danger he might criticise his own player and just has a go at the ref instead.

I was more amused by what he was trying to say about Bravo making another error today. Sort of heard the response of this type of goal only happens in England which I didn't quite get.

Edit: I would love it in those situations if the reporter just said "well I thought it was clearly a red card for Fernandinho as he was two footed and lunging in so thanks for asking me Pep" but I suppose you have to keep professional and in any case Man. City would probably ban you from covering them.

This post could just as easily go in both the 'media and punditry' and 'refereeing crisis' threads, it's accurate and explains a lot of the problem with football in England right now. 

If ever there was a man who has grown accustomed to being on the end of a 24/7 media rimming its Pep. 

I half expect he has someone package up his own excrement and place it in the hotel rooms at the training ground as potpourri!

He clearly thinks he is above being questioned by the media which is going to make his ride very bumpy for the rest of the season because I suspect our press will sniff blood.

They will be pressing him now in a way they've not done to date seeking the sort of reaction they saw today.

Pep is really not going to like it if the press really giving him a hard time.

• Like 1

I said he would get found out in the premier league, remember other posters blowing smoke up his behind hailing him as some sort of football messiah who has transformed Man City after only 10 games. 

Sounds like he is starting to crack already! 

On 02/01/2017 at 19:05, kurtsimonw said:

He can no long buy success and doesn't have people here begging to suck his dick so he doesn't like it. 

Still, he's 3 points ahead of a guy constantly trying to buy success and constantly having people begging to suck his dick - "the Special One".

It isn't all bad.

Just now, bobzy said:

Still, he's 3 points ahead of a guy constantly trying to buy success and constantly having people begging to suck his dick - "the Special One".

It isn't all bad.

I think it's a little harsh on Jose as he won the treble at Porto without spending and won the treble at Inter without really spending, neither had a squad near the best in Europe either.

Pep inherited a much better side Than Jose. Spent more money than Jose and is 3 points ahead. It'd be like us laughing at Blues at the moment in time. Yeah, big well done to us for spending so much money and being slightly above them. I like Jose because he's a character. None of us really see the real Jose. I don't like Pep because the arrogant guy you see is the real Pep. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You might want to look at Pep's spending....

Apologies - I should have specified spending more on the immediate team rather than splashing out loads on future talents (Sane, granted, does play for them on a fairly regular basis).

We'll see what happens in January, too.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I like Jose because he's a character. None of us really see the real Jose. I don't like Pep because the arrogant guy you see is the real Pep. 

Personal opinion - I dislike them both, but Jose has been an odious character for far, far longer.

Â