Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Apologies - I should have specified spending more on the immediate team rather than splashing out loads on future talents (Sane, granted, does play for them on a fairly regular basis).

We'll see what happens in January, too.

Man U paid money for 1 player over 23 this summer - Mkhitaryan at £35m. Man City spent double that on Gundogan, Bravo and Nolito. 2 of whom will be 30 plus this summer, both happen to be shit too. Yes, Pep did spend more on youngsters too. But when you're spending £200m in one single summer, it's probably inevitable you'll be top in spending of every category going. 

• Like 1

got to love the quote of (similar) "i didnt realise this league had so many long balls" and people believing one of the most stat - analytical manager wouldnt have seen or noticed  it before. jfc guys. its a pre/post interview. it means **** all. as with all managers

Also shoveling all the money over one window will not buy instant success. Especially for a such a complex and tactical demanding system pep plays. He will not have seen in the first couple of months he was there who can interpret properly or not.

thats not saying he wont be a failure. who the **** knows. but give it longer than 6 months jeez.

This country is obsessed with managers in short term and its getting a bit silly.

(i think i saw previous discussions about klop aswell iirc. there was a time where people was saying "wow hes doing pretty bad! is it any better than rodgers? nevermind he has the whole rest of season to implement  his ideas and do whatever he wants to do". Having that timeframe of doing whatever you want to do as a manager is amazing and pretty important. especially before windows

didnt zatman aswell say he was going to be a huge failure? (flopp)

Edited by gharperr

He is now the manager that keeps on giving.  I really hope this falls apart now.  I mean, I kind of always did hope that, but never dared believe it.  We're watching a manager's tenure unravel and it's hilarious!  Now that he has basically slagged off every journalist too, we can watch the press narrative change, and we're already seeing it happen.  This is one of the most entertaining aspects of this season's Premier League.

If you're relying on John Stones, aging full backs to play center back, and a very injury prone/hot headed striker to win you the league, you might struggle. I don't care how good City's midfield is, they need to heavily invest in defense, and a reliable back up option for Aguero. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

If you're relying on John Stones, aging full backs to play center back, and a very injury prone/hot headed striker to win you the league, you might struggle. I don't care how good City's midfield is, they need to heavily invest in defense, and a reliable back up option for Aguero. 

They do invest heavily in defence.  They just do it incredibly stupidly.  Stones 47m, Otamendi 32m, Mangala 40m.  They have no excuses.  It's all wonderfully self-inflicted and f**k 'em :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

They do invest heavily in defence.  They just do it incredibly stupidly.  Stones 47m, Otamendi 32m, Mangala 40m.  They have no excuses.  It's all wonderfully self-inflicted and f**k 'em :D

Not denying that. Stones was an incredibly stupid buy. He was struggling at Everton and yet City still wanted him. I am not sure what City does to their center backs. Otamendi was fantastic in Spain, and Mangala was a really good young player, but to be fair it was at Porto. 

I remember idiots like Henry WInter was saying Pepsi was going to revolutionise the English game and lead the style that would win England the world cup

if playing over the hill full backs in midfield and playing a shit defence is the way forward then he is doing a brilliant job

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember idiots like Henry WInter was saying Pepsi was going to revolutionise the English game and lead the style that would win England the world cup

if playing over the hill full backs in midfield and playing a shit defence is the way forward then he is doing a brilliant job

Henry Winter is insufferable. I can't stand him and the other word removeds they have on Sunday Supplement*. 

(*Or most football journalists in general). 

Anyway - hahaha @ Guardiola. He's finding out that the Premier League isn't quite the joining the dots job that it is in Germany and Spain. 

Â