Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

You're assuming most of the fans there had supported the club for more than a year and would know that.

Surely they would have had laps at the clubs they used to support though 

• Like 2

On 10 May 2016 at 18:44, S-Platt said:

Well takeout the Fergie era and yeah that would be a great season for Utd.  As for City at the moment coming outside the top 4 with what they have spent is unthinkable!

Why take out fergie era? 

The last two seasons they have spent nigh on £250m. Finishing outside the top 4 is just as much a disgrace for utd as it is for city.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why take out fergie era? 

The last two seasons they have spent nigh on £250m. Finishing outside the top 4 is just as much a disgrace for utd as it is for city.

Because before Fergie from when I was born in 1974 they were basically a cup team never troubled the league and were just a well supported club.  So let's just say they are back to normal.

31 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Because before Fergie from when I was born in 1974 they were basically a cup team never troubled the league and were just a well supported club.  So let's just say they are back to normal.

I'm sorry but that is absurd! Normality is the last 25 yrs where they have been England's and one of the worlds biggest clubs

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm sorry but that is absurd! Normality is the last 25 yrs where they have been England's and one of the worlds biggest clubs

I don't want to hijack the Man City thread but see how successful Liverpool were for a similar period and now look at them.  Same thing is happening with Utd yes they can chuck a load of money at it but those days of winning everything are gone.  Thank ****! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Also saw the other week that they signed another young south american striker. at least now they have tried to address their biggest weakness with the stones signing.

Not enough comical defending?

its a strange window for them, on one hand they show that they have a good scouting set up and go buy 4/5 youngsters like zinchenko and moreno and then on the other they lazily just buy the english flavour of the month for silly money

there are at least 5 better prospects across europe that would probably have cost less

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its a strange window for them, on one hand they show that they have a good scouting set up and go buy 4/5 youngsters like zinchenko and moreno and then on the other they lazily just buy the english flavour of the month for silly money

there are at least 5 better prospects across europe that would probably have cost less

Don't you need a quota of 'homegrown' players though? There aren't many good ones for sale. 

Man City have purchased 3 of the 5 most expensive defenders ever. They are Stones, Mangala and Ottamendi. Over £100m on those 3

post-59851-idi-amin-laughing-gif-imgur-3

• Like 3

Â