Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So Hart's error was missing a cross into the box (from a corner), according to some 'experts' he doesn't make these sorts of errors. Very much Bravo-esque. 

I think it was worse than Bravo as Bravo ran into Stones. Hart had a free run at it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

To be fair, his name is John Hart.

Charles Joseph John Hart is his full name.

Then is his name not Charles Hart?

Whatever his name is he's a vastly over rated keeper down to the fact that he's English. The amount of howlers he's made throughout his career is astonishing given he's always been playing in good teams with little work to actually do.

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Then is his name not Charles Hart?

Whatever his name is he's a vastly over rated keeper down to the fact that he's English. The amount of howlers he's made throughout his career is astonishing given he's always been playing in good teams with little work to actually do.

I think he's a good keeper, makes the odd mistake but all keepers get punished now and again. I can remember Peter Schmeical making a few howlers in his time, still potentally one of the best ever.

I don't think Joe makes any more errors than others at the top end of the table.

I wouldnt say he makes as many howlers as a lot of other Premier League keepers but the difference is they dont cone across as arrogant pricks compared to Hart so thats why more attention put on it

in my opinion he should be 2nd choice for England behind Forster and maybe 3rd if Butland recovers to form of last season

On 03/09/2016 at 04:29, Zatman said:

as people know im not a big Pep guy but I do respect him for doing what I said Mancini and Pellegrini should have done and that was remove Toure

Yes I know but he's revolutionary in the way he gets his teams playing. Its like they have 15 players on the pitch. And its not tika taka like at Barcelona. 

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Pep has gone up in my estimation for his stance on Toure and his prick agent 

It made me smile as Toure and his scummy agent have treated that club like mugs for the past few years...but if we are being honest it is easy to make a stand against a 33 year old washed up joke of a footballer and are able to write off £11m in wages over the next 9 months.

On 03/09/2016 at 10:22, PieFacE said:

Well it kinda is different,  the point Barton was making is that he's been such a long servant to the club and came through their academy and is "one of their own"  so to speak.  That's different than any of the players you've listed. 

But,  it's the managers job to pick the team and Hart is prone to a clanger so I can see why Pep has dropped him.  

Wow there Silver !  Joe Hart did not come through City's academy.  Far from it. He had 54 games for Shrewsbury before City bought him.  He was very highly rated in the lower leagues and was in the League 2 team of the season the season City bought him.  He was widely regarded as the best young keeper in England outside of the Premier League.

On 03/09/2016 at 10:22, PieFacE said:

Well it kinda is different,  the point Barton was making is that he's been such a long servant to the club and came through their academy and is "one of their own"  so to speak.  That's different than any of the players you've listed. 

But,  it's the managers job to pick the team and Hart is prone to a clanger so I can see why Pep has dropped him.  

Wow there Silver !  Joe Hart did not come through City's academy.  Far from it. He had 54 games for Shrewsbury.  He was in the League 2 team of the season the season City bought him.  He was widely regarded as the best young keeper in England outside of the Premier League.

Â