Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

the Guardiola honeymoon looks over. no win in 4 and 2 embarrassing Champions League performances in a row**

**3-3 might not be embarrassing but not beating a team with Scott Sinclair in it is

I've only watched City twice this season (against UTD and tonight) so its maybe an unfair sample size, but Bravo looks like a pissed up pub player. Absolutely awful.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Stones just looks like a bang average top flight defender

I think you are being kind. He's diabolical. Only cost £47m though, bargain. As for bravo another player just like Victor valdes who people assume is good because they play for Barcelona. Guess what he's shite, always has been. 

Leaving out aguero was RDM levels of stupidity.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

dropping Aguero then putting him on at 3-0 is comical, Eric Black be proud

Stones is one of worst defenders I have ever seen, I will never understand the hype

Nolito is another absolute joke of a player, Navas has more about him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

I've only watched City twice this season (against UTD and tonight) so its maybe an unfair sample size, but Bravo looks like a pissed up pub player. Absolutely awful.

I think he's decent, but if I was letting Hart go who has been a big part of their success, I'd want a proper world class keeper in there.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Still think that transfer was some kind of Guardiola helping Barcelona raise transfer funds to avoid a FFP situation.

They way he set up Bayern against Barca in the CL and this transfer... I think he's still employed by Barcelona.

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Stones just looks like a bang average top flight defender and was comically over priced in the summer. He might be young etc but the greats  have it from the beginning- Maldini etc. 

Stones might just prove to be the biggest hype job in English football history. So what he can with the ball, he is shite at everything else. 

Man City are a work in progress for Pep. We have been deceived by their start against average teams. I was surprised he left out Aguero out but Nollito destroyed Barcelona for Celta Vigo last year. Man City had more than their fair share of chances in the game. De Bruyne got in behind their defence many times. Mistakes cost them. I thought it would take Pep 2 years to make City into a team capable of challenging Barcelona and Real Madrid and by that time players like Iniesta, Messi, Suarez will be past their best.

• Like 1

I think the score flattered Barça, ably abetted by a mesmeric Messi and a blundering Bravo.  But City went in at 1-0 having asked serious questions of the Barcelona backline and their keeper.  However once Bravo did a Bravo then it was lights out, and Messi was ruthless after that.  But other than arguably the greatest player who has ever lived, there wasn't a whole lot between the 2 sides.   I think City can hold their heads relatively high here and they should still fancy themselves to get out of the group.  Better sides than them have fallen at the hands and feet of Lionel Messi.

with only watching the highlights rather than the full game id guess the biggest disappointment was the nature of the defeat following the sending off, 1st goal is hard to label as a mistake as fernandinho slipped (although id have to watch it again to see if stones passes him on rather than following the run, stones has no one else to track or mark so might as well follow the ball) but after the sending off they seemed to give up, all 3 goals after that and the penalty looked ridiculously soft, as bestest in the world ever messi is i doubt he's ever scored an easier hattrick 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id guess the biggest disappointment was the nature of the defeat following the sending off

Again, I wouldn't be too harsh.  I don't think there are many worse teams in the world to be a man down against than Barcelona.  I've read posts from people using it to somehow question Guardiola as a manager or even confirm(ing their bias...) that he's going to fail.  Yes, plenty of facepalming being done after last night.  It's a defeat.  To Barcelona.  In Barcelona.  That's all it was.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think so they will want to put that right I can see them winning 2-1 or 1-0, city dont take those  defeats lying down usually 

I agree that they'll want to put it right.  I just think 'wanting to' and actually doing it are 2 different things when Barça are the opposition :) What IS in City's favour is that Barcelona might not need to win that match, so they might rest some players, especially if they're still struggling in the league by the time of the return leg.

Â