Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Man City have purchased 3 of the 5 most expensive defenders ever. They are Stones, Mangala and Ottamendi. Over £100m on those 3

post-59851-idi-amin-laughing-gif-imgur-3

a list which also includes David Luiz :lol:

• Like 1

Playing Kolarov at CB...:lol:

I was wondering when Pep would start his left field selections e.g playing Xabi Alonso at  CB but of course at Bayern it's a bit easier as they dominate against 90% of teams.

David Silva in a midfield two was also an interesting one.

He can't be doing this stuff at Stoke next week otherwise it will be a repeat of last season.

Don't see them winning the league.

• Like 1

i like how it was basically exact repeat for sterling as in euros. great start getting pen in first 5 mins....followed by destroying all attacks rest of the game.

how long is gundogan out for? seems somewhat standard to play silva there for peps system until hes back. I know hes "lazy" in defending, but so was toure etc so think theyll be fine. Passing combinations sucked pretty bad and it didnt really click for them so theyll only get better as time goes on

Edited by gharperr

20 hours ago, V01 said:

Understandable. It was a Tuesday night match in Romania. Very expensive to travel to, and it's pretty far. 

City have actually looked pretty good so far. Sterling has looked good. 

the draw was also 2 weeks ago and fans would have booked them dates off before. Bucharest is not some inaccessible city compared if they were drawn in Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan etc.

Barton on Hart situation:

The club I played for wouldn’t have treated a player that had been a servant for as long as Joe has in the manner that it has. I think it is disgusting. 

I don’t see what he has done wrong to be treated the way he has. His attitude isn’t terrible. I don’t like this. It is common human decency, regardless of how good a coach you are. Why treat him like that?

I don't get why he's getting his knickers in such a twist, he's just been dropped. Granted working class hero Joey likes to get them twisted quite a lot. It's just a selection issue, Pep don't fancy him so doesn't play him. Seems like players can be as disloyal as they want but when a club makes a decision "boo hoo" it's a disgrace. No doubt if city weren't awash with money and fighting relegation  the bloke would have gone a few years ago

Article

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

no different than benteke at liverpool, mata at chelsea and all the other players who managers dont want to keep. But because hes english, boo hoo. If it was caballero being dropped for hart, they would likely be praising him.

i think gnev was spot on about everything to do with pep/city other day. Hart should stay, be number 2 and seriously improve his game. Pretty sure buffon used to suck with ball at his feet and he managed to improve at his age.

Edited by gharperr

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

the draw was also 2 weeks ago and fans would have booked them dates off before. Bucharest is not some inaccessible city compared if they were drawn in Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan etc.

It's not, but I just searched how much it would cost to fly to Bucharest from Manchester, and cheapest I found was £438 with a total flight time of 10.5 hours. Quickest you could get there would be 5.5 hours, but prices go up for that. Then there is hotel cost, ticket cost, food, etc. Plus you'd have to request days off work. I don't blame City fans for not going to this match. 

• Like 4

There was a former player on Talksport this morning (having a brain fart so can't remember who it was). But his mentality regarding Hart was pathetic. He said irrelevant of money Hart should never go to Dortmund or Sevilla (who have been linked) and stay in England because it's just better. Typical English footballer mentality, for me Hart is set for life money wise so go abroad and learn and experience new things 

• Like 1

Going back to the attendance in Romania...

we took just under that to st nazaire for a pre season friendly, a place you got to by flying in to Nantes and then getting a train and staying in the middle of nowhere, 1 flight a day out of brum to Nantes, I flew from Southampton for £110, quick look it's about £140 for the flights so probably £250-300 for the whole trip (flights hotel a lot of booze)

the only excuse I can think of is that they're all anticipating an easy win and a tie vs Juve or Madrid in the group to go to instead, personally I'm the other way inclined, can't think of any other chance or reason I'd ever go to Romania 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's not, but I just searched how much it would cost to fly to Bucharest from Manchester, and cheapest I found was £438 with a total flight time of 10.5 hours. Quickest you could get there would be 5.5 hours, but prices go up for that. Then there is hotel cost, ticket cost, food, etc. Plus you'd have to request days off work. I don't blame City fans for not going to this match. 

its 200 quid return from London to Bucharest and its not really that far from Manchester to London

no excuses really

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/08/2016 at 15:48, gharperr said:

no different than benteke at liverpool, mata at chelsea and all the other players who managers dont want to keep. But because hes english, boo hoo. If it was caballero being dropped for hart, they would likely be praising him.

Well it kinda is different,  the point Barton was making is that he's been such a long servant to the club and came through their academy and is "one of their own"  so to speak.  That's different than any of the players you've listed.  

But,  it's the managers job to pick the team and Hart is prone to a clanger so I can see why Pep has dropped him.  

On 18/08/2016 at 16:30, Czechlad said:

I'm looking at Bucharest for a break later in the year. Flights are £58 return from Brum (Wizz Air). Its not that far to travel from Manchester. 

Now I appreciate fares may go up when there is a football game on but I think as villa4europe says, it was down to them thinking it would be easy (it was) and saving themselves for other games. Man City pre takeover would have taken a lot more there. The arrogance has crept in with the fans over the years

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

as people know im not a big Pep guy but I do respect him for doing what I said Mancini and Pellegrini should have done and that was remove Toure

Me too, Toure is the epitome of a big time charlie and glad Pep has him sussed

Â