Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

What has happened to their old fans? Priced out? They used to have great support when they were down in the third flight

• Like 2

i think they still go because their average gate is 53k. they get good home crowds and always have tbf but their vocal support is awful,even for big games. their away support is not great either for how good they are these days and i find they are also quiet away from home.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i think they still go because their average gate is 53k. they get good home crowds and always have tbf but their vocal support is awful,even for big games. their away support is not great either for how good they are these days and i find they are also quiet away from home.

I'm not sure you can trust the figures for their attendances. It's been said several times that the owners buy up unsold tickets and leave them empty to boost their income for FFP. Not sure how much truth there is in it.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

What has happened to their old fans? Priced out? They used to have great support when they were down in the third flight

Hope turned into expectation which then turned into entitlement.  Same fans, different expectations. 

• Like 1

I've stuck up for their fans and I agree that Pellegrini has underacheived massively this season. However, he has won the league and 2 league cups in three seasons. To give him a send off like that is embarrassing and nothing short of disgraceful. The money has come in and expectations have obviously risen, but you would still expect their fans to be a little more grateful.

I'm hoping Man Utd get into 4th, mainly for hie Lvg has been treated by the press trying to get him sacked everytime they've lost a game, very disrespectful. 

Champions League football and a cup final / cup winner is a decent season. 

Yes me too Genie. I don't like LVG but I agree the press have treated him badly. If West Ham play like they did against Swansea theres only one result. But somehow I dont think they will. 

Many people who were at the match said that they had no idea Pelligrini would even speak or there would be anything after the final whistle. Apparently City did a bad job at letting the fans know something was happening.

Well takeout the Fergie era and yeah that would be a great season for Utd.  As for City at the moment coming outside the top 4 with what they have spent is unthinkable!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gordoncharles said:

For Manchester United?

"decent" yes, not great but OK considering they are in a bit of a transition. 

You'd expect them to improve on it next year.

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Many people who were at the match said that they had no idea Pelligrini would even speak or there would be anything after the final whistle. Apparently City did a bad job at letting the fans know something was happening.

last game of season, clubs usually have little ceremonies or lap after game

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

last game of season, clubs usually have little ceremonies or lap after game

You're assuming most of the fans there had supported the club for more than a year and would know that.

Â