Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Watching the match tonight was rather strange. I couldn't help but think "is it really right/fair that a team can be so dominant against another in the same league?" Does it contradict the notion of the sport?

Of course I'd probably have a different view if Villa had similar financial backing :D

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the match tonight was rather strange. I couldn't help but think "is it really right/fair that a team can be so dominant against another in the same league?" Does it contradict the notion of the sport?

Of course I'd probably have a different view if Villa had similar financial backing :D

No I don't think its right at all. 

• Like 1

Glad they are winning the title - and they thoroughly deserve it. Sure Liverpool have taken a lot of credit the last few months, but they came from nowhere, weren't taken seriously and haven't played in Europe at all. Add 16 games of Europa League and a good cup run to their fixtures, and they wouldn't have been anywhere near the top. Man City have played beautifully from day 1 and they have had their best player out injured for quite some time. Yaya Touré is my player of the year, he has been phenomenal all year and has got 20 goals to his name without being an attacking midfielder. His assist yesterday and not least the goal, shows just how good this player is. On top of that he does so much important work at the back, he is truly a complete player.

They've scored 100 goals (and still have an opportunity to add a few more against West Ham) and they have only let in 37 goals - with Kompany missing 1/3 of the season, Silva roughly the same and Agüero has been in and out of the team all year.

Supposedly Yaya Toure wants to leave cos the people at Citeh forgot his birthday. If true that's funny; grow up you egotistical tosser.

What did he want Kompany to organise a whip round to buy him a card. Shame on Vincent, not a true club captain :-)

Ok it's in The Sun, so probably BS.

Turns out it's true. How preciouys, and sensitive, and these tosspot footballers get:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

Edited by djamfisher

Supposedly Yaya Toure wants to leave cos the people at Citeh forgot his birthday. If true that's funny; grow up you egotistical tosser.

What did he want Kompany to organise a whip round to buy him a card. Shame on Vincent, not a true club captain :-)

Turns out it's true. How preciouys, and sensitive, and these tosspot footballers get:

Unbelievable, what a spoilt brat!

Ha ha, yeah I just noticed this on the beeb whilst eating my lunch. Of all the things to get upset about, what a plonker! If someone paid me £200k per week, I'm sure would forgive them for forgetting to wish me a happy birthday. Crazy.

add this to the "not respected because im african" rant from last month when he didnt win any player of the year awards, being a bit of a dick

Agreed. As good as he is as a player, he comes across as more than a bit petulant.

Â