Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Still stupid and proves the glass ceiling idea. Oh you can't spend as much as you want! (unless you pay us £50m!)

They'll get harsher sanctions next time though, third time (IIRC) is expulsion. IMO they're pretty harsh sanctions as they are. A 60m fine and having 4 less players than everyone else in the CL  is hardly ideal

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still stupid and proves the glass ceiling idea. Oh you can't spend as much as you want! (unless you pay us £50m!)

So they've bought they're way out of the champions league and now they have to buy their way back into it.

there's 2 categories under the UEFA training rules, 1 is nation the other is the club, i thought the normal rules are you have to name 8 trained in england and 4 trained at city

and im sure its 3 years before their 21st birthday (so for example walcott and chamberlain are both classed as being arsenal trained players even though really they arent) i think clichy might actually be classed as trained in england because of how young he joined arsenal

you can leave gaps, so for example city can name 13 players and 8 empty slots, they can then also play players under a certain age without registering them (im sure its 21)

so there are ways round it, expect city to buy some shit hot 20 year olds and be able to play them in the CL without them taking up an allocation 

Off the BBC site"

"OptaJoe on Twitter: Manchester City have used 21 players in each of their last two Champions League campaigns."

Although I don't imagine 8 of them are homegrown. That's the part I think will hurt city the most.

Does 'home grown' mean through their academy, or Engerlish?

If it's the latter, then I expect them to cherry pick the best Engerlish talent around.

*coughBarkleycough*

They need 4 that have been at City between the ages of 18 and 21 and 8 overall that have been trained by clubs between the ages of 18 and 21 by City or another club in England.

Doesn't necessarily have to mean Eng"er"lish, just come through the academy and been there for a certain number of years. At least that's the way it is on FM anyway.

EDIT: Avfc96 got it right.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I think Nastasic might count as home grown as I think Balotelli did when he was at the club, Clichy will as well. to go with Milner, Hart, Richards maybe a 1 year deal for Barry

Say they play a champions league knockout game next season with 2 players suspended and 3 injured which could easily happen...would that mean they could only name 5 on the bench or are they allowed to bring in youth players to plug the gap? I'd assume in the 21 they'll have to name 3 keepers otherwise if Joe Hart picks up an injury you're down to 1 then.

I think these sanctions are good as it keeps the possibility remote of City winning the CL in the near future.

players under the age of 21 (i think) dont have to be registered

players trained in england for 3 years under the age of 21 are classed as home grown (so thats clichy) dont think natasic has been there long enough yet

its a bit shit really, walcott and chamberlain are classed as coming through arsenal's youth set up by UEFA

Cool....so they'll be relying on Lopes and Emyr Huws to be game turning substitutes in the CL knock outs next year.

I read Boyata was going to sign a new deal even though he hardly plays for them, think he classes as homegrown, they'll recall Karim Kekik from Psv aswell.

Â