Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Why would they do that?

Well, they wouldn't would they. I'd just like it if they did! Might make Toure realise he's being a cock.

He comes from a country where the average salary is less than £1k per year. He earns circa £220k a week! He should wake up every morning thanking the Lord that he happens to be very good at kicking a ball around a bit of grass. He's been afforded opportunities that most people in the world couldn't dream of. Then he acts like a complete tool like he is now. That's modern football though.. some players are losing a grasp on reality thinking they are far more important than they are.

The only thing is, it's not like he's been afforded those opportunities off total luck. He's been afforded those opportunities, and makes that salary, because he's one of the best in the world at a very competitive job.

I never said he was lucky. I've acknowledged he is a very good footballer. His ability as a player is not in question. His sense of self entitlement and attitude is. I'll ask you direct: Do you think Toure's attitude in kicking off over not getting a birthday call / handshake is acceptable for a senior player earning that much money? I just think its bad form and shows him up as a idiot. 

Why would they do that?

Well, they wouldn't would they. I'd just like it if they did! Might make Toure realise he's being a cock.

He comes from a country where the average salary is less than £1k per year. He earns circa £220k a week! He should wake up every morning thanking the Lord that he happens to be very good at kicking a ball around a bit of grass. He's been afforded opportunities that most people in the world couldn't dream of. Then he acts like a complete tool like he is now. That's modern football though.. some players are losing a grasp on reality thinking they are far more important than they are.

The only thing is, it's not like he's been afforded those opportunities off total luck. He's been afforded those opportunities, and makes that salary, because he's one of the best in the world at a very competitive job.

I never said he was lucky. I've acknowledged he is a very good footballer. His ability as a player is not in question. His sense of self entitlement and attitude is. I'll ask you direct: Do you think Toure's attitude in kicking off over not getting a birthday call / handshake is acceptable for a senior player earning that much money? I just think its bad form and shows him up as a idiot. 

But then again look at Totti's birthday cake.... 

torta-totti.jpg

Sagna can fill in at LB and also centre half so that might help them get round the 21 man squad thing in the CL.

Still also means that their back up RB / squad player will probably be on double what our best player is on, if he's going to city it will be for >£80k a week

Ridiculous

Sagna can fill in at LB and also centre half so that might help them get round the 21 man squad thing in the CL.

Still also means that their back up RB / squad player will probably be on double what our best player is on, if he's going to city it will be for >£80k a week

Ridiculous

He's going to get 150k a week.

£160,000 per week. That's a bit crazy. Zabaletta is by far the better player, so he really will be a backup player, like when they bring Clichy on to offer a bit more pace from a full back. Could mean Clichy is off, but I doubt it.

Good options to have, but shows why we can't compete.

It's just modern football sadly. I hate it but what can you do?

Fifteen years ago there was a huge outcry when Roy Keane was given a new deal at Man. United on 50k a week, he was the captain of the team that had just won the treble.

Now you get completely mediocre players earning that, we've paid a fair few of them over the last few years.

In 15 years time they'll be players earning 1m a week. The bubble isn't bursting anytime soon.

In 15 years time they'll be players earning 1m a week. The bubble isn't bursting anytime soon.

Surely it can't go on increasing like it has been. There has to be a bursting point

Surely it can't go on increasing like it has been. There has to be a bursting point

If the money going into football keeps increasing, then after a few decades it could be a possibility.

messi is on £310k a week, plus bonuses, which if we were to guess at £10k a win and £10k a goal (its likely to be more money than that and then more bonuses such as money per cap, money per trophy etc) so on average thats an extra £20 - 50k a week on top, then add in adidas, turkish airlines and gillette amongst other endorsements, forbes lists him as earning just as much in endorsements as he does from wages

so as a rough guess a think that Messi is earns around £650k a week now...

messi is on £310k a week, plus bonuses, which if we were to guess at £10k a win and £10k a goal (its likely to be more money than that and then more bonuses such as money per cap, money per trophy etc) so on average thats an extra £20 - 50k a week on top, then add in adidas, turkish airlines and gillette amongst other endorsements, forbes lists him as earning just as much in endorsements as he does from wages

so as a rough guess a think that Messi is earns around £650k a week now...

Not a bad wage for the alleged tax evader.

The Messi wage is also crazy, but to a degree, it is justified as he is one of the 2 best players in the world and has had a direct impact on the incredible worldwide success and exposure at Barcelona in recent times.

Sagna earning £8m a year on the otherhand...

The problem is, when someone who is 20 who is the next prodigy, who will score more goals than an ageing messi and ronaldo, he will expect to top their wages. 

Then 5 years after, he expects to top that players wages.. ad inifinitum.

I don't think the first £1m a week footballer is far away.  10 years I reckon, 2024.

The problem is, when someone who is 20 who is the next prodigy, who will score more goals than an ageing messi and ronaldo, he will expect to top their wages. 

Then 5 years after, he expects to top that players wages.. ad inifinitum.

I don't think the first £1m a week footballer is far away.  10 years I reckon, 2024.

Thinking about it, Zidane, Carlos, Beckham, Totti were the last generation of superkids (5-10 years ago) and they were the ones to receive the first £100,000 a week contracts.

So if Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney & Zlatan are on 300k+ now, you'd expect the next generation to be picking up 600k in the next 10 years.

Derrick Boyata signed a new two year deal at City....this is clearly to fufil the homegrown quota as the lad barely plays, of his 6 appearences last season, 4 came in the Carling cup.

It does raise a possibility of a Demiechels-Boyata combo in the champions league next season if Kompany picks up an injury.

Â