Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Time to refuse to play Man City. The game's being rigged and agreeing to play them only legitimises the corruption.

Mandatory 3-0 loss might be better for the table than a 5 goal loss when playing them

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a very underpriced possibility here is that the Premier League fail to prove the charges to the Commission's satisfaction and absolutely nothing at all happens. 

• Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think a very underpriced possibility here is that the Premier League fail to prove the charges to the Commission's satisfaction and absolutely nothing at all happens. 

They'll get a 30-40 point penalty, which is "huge" and a "statement". In reality they'll still finish mid table and miss 1 season of Champions League (unless they win it). Then it's done, finished with.

In reality it should be a 20-30 point penalty for as many seasons as they cheated, which would actually cripple them.

3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

They'll get a 30-40 point penalty, which is "huge" and a "statement". In reality they'll still finish mid table and miss 1 season of Champions League (unless they win it). Then it's done, finished with.

In reality it should be a 20-30 point penalty for as many seasons as they cheated, which would actually cripple them.

Even with a 30 point penalty this season, they'd still have finished above United 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Most of the charges are non-cooperation which, I assume, would be relatively easy to prove.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Even with a 30 point penalty this season, they'd still have finished above United 🤣

Yeah - they'd have been 6th.  With a 30 point deduction :D 

Only way to genuinely harm them would be to somehow stop them being in Europe for a few year's. 

That'll hurt their revenue, marketing base with new fan's, and importantly stop top player's wanting to be there.

It'll never happen though. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Only way to genuinely harm them would be to somehow stop them being in Europe for a few year's. 

That'll hurt their revenue, marketing base with new fan's, and importantly stop top player's wanting to be there.

It'll never happen though. 

Yep - a 40 point deduction each season for 5/6 seasons would be a fair punishment, would affect revenue as they wouldn't qualify for Champions league (unless they win the Europa).

Either that or put them in the conference and will take 4 years to get back to the PL.

Edited by pas5898

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Most of the charges are non-cooperation which, I assume, would be relatively easy to prove.

I don't see how that makes sense. If the other charges are not proven, then 'non-cooperation' just means 'mounting a successful defence' doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't see how that makes sense. If the other charges are not proven, then 'non-cooperation' just means 'mounting a successful defence' doesn't it?

I don't what the legal aspect would be.  They could have co-operated and been charged and then brought an appeal to that.  Instead, they haven't co-operated and have been charged additionally for this.  

If proven guilty wouldn't there be  a situation where the likes of Arsenal could sue them, or in fact any team that's been hurt playing against the cheats, relegation, not finishing in the top 4, losing a cup final ? 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A good read. 

How anyone can cheer these words removed on is mind blowing. 

They've cheated on an industrial scale. They know it, we know it, they know we know. The plan it would seem was to not abide by the rules at any point then challenge and delay any charges bought against them through the courts. This process will drag on for decades allowing the club to get richer and richer. It's their defacto business model.

Very shady but also quite clever.... But really what's the point in competition if you have no intention to pay any attention to the rules. There's no accomplishment, no real success. Just hollow "victory".

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

A good read. 

How anyone can cheer these words removed on is mind blowing. 

Excellent summary. Thank you for this. The biggest cheats. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

City 25/1 to get relegated next season.  Bookies tanking the odds to get mugs to bet on it, same as Sky Bet do with transfer rumours.

That's not to encourage people to bet on it, it's to discourage people chucking a couple of pounds on the unlikely outcome that the penalty is more severe than expected. It's to mitigate hypothetical losses.

Liverpool and Arsenal are 2000-1, if Man City were also there, that is what would encourage people to bet on it.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's not to encourage people to bet on it, it's to discourage people chucking a couple of pounds on the unlikely outcome that the penalty is more severe than expected. It's to mitigate hypothetical losses.

Liverpool and Arsenal are 2000-1, if Man City were also there, that is what would encourage people to bet on it.

Reducing the odds will get more people to bet in it, as it makes it look like something big is going to happen (points deduction). The bookies will make more money from thousands betting at 25/1 than a few 100 at 2000/1. Because City aren’t going to get relegated.

And that bald headed word removed still gets manager of the year over Emery.

It's all a farce.

• Like 3

Can we just analyse the Pep manager of the season thing again. 

I will preface this by saying that I thing Pep is a very good manager. He does not play the football I would want to watch, but if the objective of a manager is to win games, then he is up there. 

But...

This year he took a squad from 22/23 that was easily the most expensively assembled side in the league, which had won the Champions League, FA cup and the PL, added £260M of talent including high profile players such as Gvardiol, Nunes, Doku, and Kovacic. For this investment he achieved 2 more Premier League points, and beat the 2nd place team by 2 points (the year before they were 5 clear). I know MOTS is a Premier League award, but this year there was no Champions League (out at quarter finals), no league cup (3rd round exit against Newcastle). They may still win the FA Cup, admittedly, but the UEFA Supercup is like an international Charity Shield. 

Given the squad they have, that is the absolute minimum they should be expecting. Minimum. 

Emery took a side that was 7th the previous season, that had virtually the same players as when we were in a relegation battle, added £80M of talent, taking us up to the 9th most expensive squad in the league (£100M of which have barely played this season, and £32M of which were on loan elsewhere), with the 6th biggest wage bill, and he got 4th in the league.

I'm not even saying that Emery was a shoe-in for the award, but I know Pep should not have been given it. 

• Like 4

Â