Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I’d probably forgo bringing inflatable European cups to the etihad. It’ll be slightly undermined by seeing Villa have to applaud the champions onto the pitch. Or watch them lift the title.

I don’t really like it when clubs either win things against us, or secure records against us. It’s like we’re forced into bit part onlookers in someone else’s success. Just not a fan of it. Petty, yeah. But frankly I think a lot of football runs off pettiness.

Add to that there’s going to be a lot of “Well he left his boyhood club to win trophies…little did he know his first was going to be AGAINST them!!” type wankery that day. 

It’s easy to tune out. And indeed I will tune it out (the trick is not to watch - clever, I know). But it existing is annoying enough :P

Like I say. Petty.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah I don't think I'll bother watching our last game, I can't take the Grealish wankery that seems inevitable.

I dont think it will be mentioned that much, I think Grealish reputation is completely sunk now especially compared to this time last season

if it came down to a final day showdown, Stevie G would make the headlines more than Grealish. Probably Foden as well

14 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

When they sign Haaland

IMG_20220508_071532.jpg

I don't think so, grealish has to nail down the left hand side, it'll be interesting to see what they do with sterling who is also not starting every game and in terms of cashing in on him he's peaked, I can see grealish and Haaland linking up well and the assist stats might finally come

Will be interesting to see what they do with alvarez, will be proper **** annoying if they never play him and send him out on endless loans, if he gets a chance at city and carries over his form from river he could take the spot though 

Being heavily linked with frenkie de Jong from barca, from what I saw of him at ajax he's a good player who can play Peps death by a thousand passes football, from what I saw of him at koemans barca hed struggle to get a game for the dog and duck... Head had completely gone, not seen him play for xavis barca 

Also linked with utd but that could be more of a lazy link to his old manager, his performance under koeman says to me that his face won't fit at utd, he wouldn't rise above the bullshit surrounding them 

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’d probably forgo bringing inflatable European cups to the etihad. It’ll be slightly undermined by seeing Villa have to applaud the champions onto the pitch. Or watch them lift the title.

I don’t really like it when clubs either win things against us, or secure records against us. It’s like we’re forced into bit part onlookers in someone else’s success. Just not a fan of it. Petty, yeah. But frankly I think a lot of football runs off pettiness.

Add to that there’s going to be a lot of “Well he left his boyhood club to win trophies…little did he know his first was going to be AGAINST them!!” type wankery that day. 

It’s easy to tune out. And indeed I will tune it out (the trick is not to watch - clever, I know). But it existing is annoying enough :P

Like I say. Petty.

Totally agree. I’m really hoping Liverpool are still in with a chance by the last day as I’d hate for us to have to give them a guard of honour. Can we just refuse, I don’t care about sporting etiquette.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Totally agree. I’m really hoping Liverpool are still in with a chance by the last day as I’d hate for us to have to give them a guard of honour. Can we just refuse, I don’t care about sporting etiquette.

Give them the guard of honour but spit on their players as they walk through it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think so, grealish has to nail down the left hand side, it'll be interesting to see what they do with sterling who is also not starting every game and in terms of cashing in on him he's peaked, I can see grealish and Haaland linking up well and the assist stats might finally come

Will be interesting to see what they do with alvarez, will be proper **** annoying if they never play him and send him out on endless loans, if he gets a chance at city and carries over his form from river he could take the spot though 

I think Foden plays on the left primarily, doesn't he?

I might be in a minority of 1 but I really don’t find watching Man City that interesting. Not sure if it’s the inevitability that they will pass/bore a side to death, the sole less stadium or the shit house supporters. I generally don’t bother watching the games anymore where as Liverpool I can happily watch 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I might be in a minority of 1 but I really don’t find watching Man City that interesting. Not sure if it’s the inevitability that they will pass/bore a side to death, the sole less stadium or the shit house supporters. I generally don’t bother watching the games anymore where as Liverpool I can happily watch 

I don't watch either that much if I'm honest, the sky 6, the CL and all the bullshit that comes with it has killed my interest 

I watch villa every week but I don't watch that much other football anymore 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

You're not alone at all, they're a very boring team to watch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Ouch, that’s going to stretch their paper thin squad to transparency 

Just 57m Laporte and 40m Ake at the back for them. Poor Pep! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Â