John Carew

markavfc40

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to see celebrities not getting special privileges in these cases.

A certain Man Utd player should have been jailed a long time ago too but is probably gonna get away with is because of his status.

• Like 1

What i dont get it says it wasnt intentional so why is he going down? He may have had some dodgey accountants he may not have known.

If my accountant wasnt do things properly i wouldnt have a clue im not qualified

Shouldnt his accountant or whoever was looking after his finances be punished too?

14 months he should be out in half of that on good behaviour 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What i dont get it says it wasnt intentional so why is he going down? He may have had some dodgey accountants he may not have known.

If my accountant wasnt do things properly i wouldnt have a clue im not qualified

Shouldnt his accountant or whoever was looking after his finances be punished too?

14 months he should be out in half of that on good behaviour 

He would have gotten a longer sentence if judged intentional. 

He should have known better. 

If someone offers to sell you a brand new luxury car for £1k in cash and a round down the pub, you should know you’re buying stolen goods and can therefore be punished, even if you didn’t intentionally commit a crime. 

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

He would have gotten a longer sentence if judged intentional. 

He should have known better. 

If someone offers to sell you a brand new luxury car for £1k in cash and a round down the pub, you should know you’re buying stolen goods and can therefore be punished, even if you didn’t intentionally commit a crime. 

But be honest do you know if you have  an accountant doing your taxes would you know what the correct tax amount you should be paying is?

I would have absolutely no idea

I'm guessing he was paying stupidly less tax, so much less that he should have known something was up? 

Or maybe they did find a smoking gun that he knew something was wrong. 

It is job of accountants to ensure that you avoid paying tax you don't have to.   Not illegally but to play the game according to the rules. 

I had some involvement years ago with Professional Indemnity insurance for an accountant.  There was a particular "scheme" that was known about and many accountants getting in on it. The insurer told me if they were involved in that they wouldn't insure them. 

I guess there was a suspicion it probably was illegal but nothing had been proven yet but they were just waiting for it to blow up.  So there are probably areas prudent accountants would avoid but other less risk averse will get involved in and claim they're technically doing nothing wrong. The Government are known to change things retrospectively though so it's probably best to keep your nose as clean as clean can be. 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But be honest do you know if you have  an accountant doing your taxes would you know what the correct tax amount you should be paying is?

I would have absolutely no idea

I’d like to think I’d know enough to make sure I’d spot obvious discrepancies. 

That wasn’t really the point, though. The point is, you can, rightfully, be punished for something you didn’t do on purpose. 

Â