John Carew

markavfc40

Does he talk about any of his other numerous clubs in as glowing terms? I'd imagine he enjoyed his time at Valencia aswell given they reached a champions league final when he was there?

What's clear is here he loved the connection he had from his debut with the Holte End which I doubt he had at any other club.

He talked up Valencia as much as us on his recent Fantasy Football club appearance.  He didn't pick any Villans in best 11 of players played alongside either :(

To be fair, he played with some awesome players.

Does he talk about any of his other numerous clubs in as glowing terms? I'd imagine he enjoyed his time at Valencia aswell given they reached a champions league final when he was there?

What's clear is here he loved the connection he had from his debut with the Holte End which I doubt he had at any other club.

He talked up Valencia as much as us on his recent Fantasy Football club appearance.  He didn't pick any Villans in best 11 of players played alongside either :(

To be fair, he played with some awesome players.

Heskey > Totti

He could've found a place for Laursen though.

• Like 1

he is still scum though. One of the dirtiest footballers ive seen play the game and on a level of Pepe, Barton for actions on the pitch

this about Totti not Carew ;)

Edited by Zatman

Carew's real 11

---------------------Carson-------------------------

Beye-------Ridgewell----Knight----------Samuel

Gardner-----McCann-----Salifou--------Osbourne

--------------Heskey-----Harewood---------------------------

• Like 3

Carew's real 11

That's O'Neill's 11. ;)

Carew's real 11

That's O'Neill's 11. ;)

He actually only signed 6 of them.  Still, we've had some dross haven't we.

Someone told me that he said Ashley young was the best player he played with? I asked if he meant just in England and he said no. Surely that's not right?

Best he played with at Villa, huge qualification that.

He's adament he said best he's played with. He obviously misheard it. I knew it couldn't be true.

Carew's real 11

would have Agathe ahead of Gardner and im you sure could fit Bardsley in there somewhere

Carew's real 11

would have Agathe ahead of Gardner and im you sure could fit Bardsley in there somewhere

Did Agathe play with Carew?  Thoguht he might have been gone by January when Big John joined.

I went with Beye because of the colossal waste of money he was, but yeah Bardsley would be a good shout too.

Ashley Young was quite brilliant when he was here, easily my favorite player in the last ten years. Sure Benteke has a higher level when he is playing at his best, but it's hard to appreciate anything when the rest of our team is so crap. Under MON and when we had Young et al we had a genuine belief of winning every single game at home. We didn't, of course, but we were even odds-on favorites to win against Arsenal at home one season. When did that happen lately? People wanted to see Villa, because we were both a good team and we played interesting football. Sure the current Everton-side is very appealing, but back then we even surpassed them in terms of interest for our team. Young was excellent at challenging the line and whipping in crosses for Carew, just imagine what could have happened if let's say we had signed Darren Bent back then instead of Emile Heskey. Lying nine points ahead of Arsenal at Christmas is no guarantee for a team like ours, but we really had a shot at that 4th spot back then.

Â