John Carew

markavfc40

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Every man and his dog fiddles there tax, it's just your regular joe public geezer would hardly ever be investigated unless it was for a significant amount.

Maybe every man and his dog with a limited company / sole trader status does but the vast majority of folks earn via PAYE and don’t have an option to fiddle their tax.

If everyone just paid PAYE there’d be far less issues but that’s a whole other story I guess.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

[a]I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

If it is all down to a combination of his ignorance and his accountant's failure, it is hard not to feel sympathy for the guy.

(b) Norway is one of those states which spends almost 50% of the country's GDP, and I don't suppose it is any less corrupt than other governments.

Of course, if he resisted, the state would be quite willing to kill him - that is why anarchists believe governments base their power on a monopoly on violence.

A: The court agrees, which is why he’s been given a much more lenient sentence than he potentially could have.

B: Sorry, but wtf are you talking about? 

Edited by El Zen

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, slovenian said:

To clarify, he will be serving his sentence, but he might be allowed to serve some of it with an ankle bracelet to coach kids. 

Â