coda

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Has it? I heard they planned to bring it in but when is it actually going to be enforced? Also I'm sure a quick legal action claiming teams weren't given sufficient notice will see UEFA back down over trying to punish anyone. 

I’ll try and find an article mate, but I’m sure they were introducing it for the summer 2023 window. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve just had a quick look to try and find a article, I’ve found loads of stuff on fans forums and rubbish sites like football 396 (I’ve just made that last site up) that all talk about this summer 2023 introduction, but nothing from any source worth quoting. 

So maybe I’m wrong, but I did think it was being introduced this summer. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

No they've learnt how to get around FFP. You give players long term deals and then your accounts look a lot better. That's why they are doing it. 

Yes but if they flop like some of their other players then they are stuck with them. Cant see the saudis helping them forever as their focus is newcastle 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but if they flop like some of their other players then they are stuck with them. Cant see the saudis helping them forever as their focus is newcastle 

The arseholes have got unlimited money. For now anyway

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There’ll be all manner of termination clauses that will allow them to get out. I would wager that “8 years” is utterly meaningless. 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Chelsea will be absolutely fine. No worries about that. They have Saudi money and ways around the rules. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Loftus Cheek going to Milan, another club happy to give them money for players they dont want

Also he ain't very good. Wish people would pay cash for our cast offs

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The contract loophole has finally been closed. Ridiculous that Chelsea could offer 6 or 7 year deals 

they still can i think, they just cant amortise those contracts over more than 5 years regardless, from July.

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

they still can i think, they just cant amortise those contracts over more than 5 years regardless, from July.

Oh! I was just reacting to Twitter stuff but thank you. That’s something I guess. But ridiculous to enforce it from July and not also retroactively. 

• Like 1

Chelsea sign Jackson for 32m on an 8 year contract,c learly this will be amortised over 8 years before the new rules come in tomorrow.

So their last of this type of trick, i suppose the next one is solidifying their cash cow clubs in Saudi to help them regularly with FFP.

Â