coda

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s a very inexperienced side that Chelsea have and there is no doubt they will lose games they shouldn’t. But also if they click and Poch gets a song out then, they could be very exciting to watch

If they dont click they could easily be in a relegation battle

Except Nkunku they have lost a lot of good squad players

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Everyone is light years behind city...

Like I said in the other post it will take them a few years and a lot of patience that they won't have but Chelseas demise is premature, they'll be back up around the top 4 before long

We tried the potential route and it didnt work. You need experience and potential get the balance right.  This team looks deeply inexperienced and lacking leaders

22 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

My gut feeling is that with Poch, after getting rid of so many players and not having europe, that they will actually be very strong this season, especially if the get a striker and defensive midfielder in.

I just dunno i know lamps was useless and potter wasnt very good. I think the top sides are so good now its goibg to be hard to get back in there. Who's spot they taking?

Not a chance it will be city or newcastle. Then you have united if the qataris take over not a chance. That leaves arsenal. But then you still have liverpool and maybe spurs id kane stays.

Id like to say us as well but i think we wont be challenging top 4 if we have a good run in europe

Edited by Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just dunno i know lamps was useless and potter wasnt very good. I think the top sides are so good now its goibg to be hard to get back in there. Who's spot they taking?

Not a chance it will be city or newcastle. Then you have united if the qataris take over not a chance. That leaves arsenal. But then you still have liverpool and maybe spurs id kane stays.

Id like to say us as well but i think we wont be challenging top 4 if we have a good run in europe

I actually kind of sympathised with Potter, they actually played pretty dominant football, they just werent winning, the squad was a mess. Lamps is an awful football manager. 

I think the top will be interesting this season. I defo see Chelsea displacing Newcastle, newcastle to me still havent good a great squad and have champions league football next season, I truly believe that last season they were mainly running on a high from the season before, kind of like Leicester when they became champions. Last seasons sky 6 must have been the weakest for years too, they all (except city) looked pretty poor in europe too.

I personally see them displacing arsenal too, as the same arguement as above, theyll have champo football and have a pretty small squad

I also see them displacing Spurs, especially if the lose Kane

No way they get anywhere near City. The rest look kind of fragile imo..

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I would be absolutely amazed if Newcastle finished top 2.

They will spend their way. Thats why i think not a chance if they 5th for example come jan they will just spend big to ensure CL or cherry pick a top manager 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They will spend their way. Thats why i think not a chance if they 5th for example come jan they will just spend big to ensure CL or cherry pick a top manager 

There's no such thing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

big transfers rarely happen in January and they would only be buying from teams not in Europe or chasing Europe

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You can't "just spend big" to ensure anything at all.

Well, yeah you're right with that statement.

But if you spend big and buy well, it is guaranteed success. 100%.

Newcastle will be a permanent Champions League like City are 2026 onwards. Absolutely no chance of anything else.

Poch finished 6th with a worse Spurs squad when he joined them. I expect Chelsea to make a fair few signings now that they've shifted a lot of the dead wood. They'll be our rivals for a European place I reckon.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, yeah you're right with that statement.

But if you spend big and buy well, it is guaranteed success. 100%.

Newcastle will be a permanent Champions League like City are 2026 onwards. Absolutely no chance of anything else.

Of course there’s a chance of something else :D.

For one, Man City exist so hoovering up the top talent can’t happen - that other club is already doing that. Secondly, all of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have the financial power to spend on an even keel with Newcastle.

The only thing Newcastle are guaranteed to do is spend a lot of money. That’s it. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Of course there’s a chance of something else :D.

For one, Man City exist so hoovering up the top talent can’t happen - that other club is already doing that. Secondly, all of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have the financial power to spend on an even keel with Newcastle.

The only thing Newcastle are guaranteed to do is spend a lot of money. That’s it. 

They're also guaranteed to never be relegated (which might seem trivial relative to their current station, but is not at all trivial compared to the last 15 years or so of their history). 

• Like 2

Kane on a free next summer must be a possibility?

Of course ill feeling between Chelsea and Spurs but not like him going to Arsenal and if Spurs just allow him to run down his deal they won't have a say. Apparently Kane is based in Wentworth now so is pretty much next door to the Chelsea training ground and won't encounter many Spurs fans on his daily basis.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're also guaranteed to never be relegated (which might seem trivial relative to their current station, but is not at all trivial compared to the last 15 years or so of their history). 

They’ve spent less recent history outside the top flight than we have, surely?

(and I reckon the same is true for us too)

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

They’ve spent less recent history outside the top flight than we have, surely?

(and I reckon the same is true for us too)

I mean it depends how you count it; they've been relegated twice in the last 15 years whereas we've been relegated once, while we've spent three years outside the top flight while they've spent two. But anyway this isn't a pissing match, I'm just saying that now they have ascended to the ranks of clubs who in practice cannot be relegated (along with the other 'Big 6', not us). We are in the 13 clubs who could. 

Dragging this back to Chelsea, we saw as bad a season as we're ever likely to see from a 'Big 7' club last season, and they were never in any serious danger. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean it depends how you count it; they've been relegated twice in the last 15 years whereas we've been relegated once, while we've spent three years outside the top flight while they've spent two. But anyway this isn't a pissing match, I'm just saying that now they have ascended to the ranks of clubs who in practice cannot be relegated (along with the other 'Big 6', not us). We are in the 13 clubs who could. 

Dragging this back to Chelsea, we saw as bad a season as we're ever likely to see from a 'Big 7' club last season, and they were never in any serious danger. 

Might be true, I don’t know to be honest. The Premier League clubs have such a massive financial advantage over newly promoted sides that there’s probably half the league which are “safe”.

Agreed on the Chelsea front. 

On 10/07/2023 at 04:48, Zatman said:

If they dont click they could easily be in a relegation battle

Except Nkunku they have lost a lot of good squad players

Relegation battle? Come on now. They aren't under Lampard anymore you know. They have a great manager and some excellent players. 

I predict they will be top 4 or at worst, top 6.

Not a chance in hell they will be relegated. 

• Like 1

Â