coda

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Depends on the team and their European coefficient doesn't it though?

So if Chelsea or Liverpool etc got 5th they'd qualify for Champs League, but if we or Newcastle did we wouldn't.

Is an extra spot for a team with history who didnt get it and would have been Sevilla this year and is also a spot for best performing league apparently

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Is an extra spot for a team with history who didnt get it and would have been Sevilla this year and is also a spot for best performing league apparently

So we wouldn't qualify for team with history and not sure on the best performing league bit.

Changes like these aren't designed to help clubs like us, they're designed to help marketable teams with so called history to qualify as it helps sell the competition. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

So we wouldn't qualify for team with history and not sure on the best performing league bit.

Changes like these aren't designed to help clubs like us, they're designed to help marketable teams with so called history to qualify as it helps sell the competition. 

Is Four extra spots, two for continental performances by clubs and two for leagues who had the best season so the latter would effect us

With man city "winning" the CL, and West Ham winning the conference, the PL is very likely to get one of the extra spots for whoever finishes 5th. If it turns out to be one of the existing big 4 then chances are they'll get it anyway and then another league gets an extra spot.

Italy and Spain fighting it out for the other league success spot with Fiorentina, Roma and Inter being losing finalists, and Sevilla winning the Europa League.

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

With man city "winning" the CL, and West Ham winning the conference, the PL is very likely to get one of the extra spots for whoever finishes 5th. If it turns out to be one of the existing big 4 then chances are they'll get it anyway and then another league gets an extra spot.

Italy and Spain fighting it out for the other league success spot with Fiorentina, Roma and Inter being losing finalists, and Sevilla winning the Europa League.

5 english teams in CL even if one was us is ridiculous tbh. Fours british teams is enough. This just helps more of the biggest sides in the league

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

5 english teams in CL even if one was us is ridiculous tbh. Fours british teams is enough. This just helps more of the biggest sides in the league

The name of the competition is stupid too.

it’s no longer the champions. They should’ve kept the prestige of the actual champions of each league only qualifying and invest more into the UEFA/Europa cup. 

Basically their greed has **** it. Imo.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair I'm not sure if it's just based on the winners/finalists. In fact, I'm probably sure it isn't. And it probably isn't just based on one season.

But if you look historically, England have been well represented in the latter stages of the champions league for a long time.  Its a self fulfilling prophecy when we get 4 spots, and our league makes the most money out of all of Europe. Then when we start getting an extra spot it will just make it that much easier for us to be more successful.

I agree, it's a bit of a joke that the "champions" league could be contested by a team that finished 5th. But the alternative is having the champions of the Welsh league, or any of the other countries below, who have never qualified, getting automatic spots...

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Faroe Islands, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Wales

And thiago silva is 39 in September

They've got a really good potentially good team there still

GK kepa

RB James and gusto

LB Chilwell and cucurella

CB silva, Colwill, chalobah, badiashile, fofana

CM Enzo, chuk, casadei, andrey, gallagher

Attack mudryk, sterling, madueke, Jackson, nkunku, angelo

They need caicedo to balance the midfield and a new keeper but of their youngsters come good they should be a good team

Fortunately I expect the fact that they're a mess of a team will mean they don't get out of 2nd gear for most of thr season

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

GK kepa

RB James and gusto

They need caicedo to balance the midfield and a new keeper but of their youngsters come good they should be a good team

Fortunately I expect the fact that they're a mess of a team will mean they don't get out of 2nd gear for most of thr season

Looking through that squad I would only take Nkunku and James at Villa

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

GK kepa

RB James and gusto

That's a terrible selection of players for a "top 4" team. Take away the money spent...just look at the absolute state of that squad.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's a terrible selection of players for a "top 4" team. Take away the money spent...just look at the absolute state of that squad.

Oh yeah for the £1.5bn or whatever they've spebt to be left with that is shambolic

But with some smarts and some patience they have the bones there to come good again in 2 to 3 years... Something tells me poch won't get that patience

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

GK kepa

RB James and gusto

Hmm im not sure tbh. It looks very inexperineced to me and looks light years behind city

Chelsea will be better this season but that squad is nothing to fear at all

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm im not sure tbh. It looks very inexperineced to me and looks light years behind city

Chelsea will be better this season but that squad is nothing to fear at all

Everyone is light years behind city...

Like I said in the other post it will take them a few years and a lot of patience that they won't have but Chelseas demise is premature, they'll be back up around the top 4 before long

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Everyone is light years behind city...

Like I said in the other post it will take them a few years and a lot of patience that they won't have but Chelseas demise is premature, they'll be back up around the top 4 before long

Unless they are dog crap and the promising players start stinking out the place 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Unless they are dog crap and the promising players start stinking out the place 

I think it's the other way round, the old heads don't give a **** and phone it in, poch can't turn them around and get them interested

The youngsters should be the opposite, the problem as always is whether or not they actually get a chance or they just get sent to vitesse

Fans tend to be more forgiving of high potential teenagers than they do of £80m chancers who can't be bothered

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â