coda

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I thought this endless contract thing was banned, Caciedo is signing 8 year deal with 12 month option on top!

I think they can only divide the transfer fee over 5 but can give a contract as long as they want I believe.

Mad then. An 8 year deal . Thats 3 years of extra risk if he gets badly injured or even flops a little and they buy someone else who they deem better. Feels like they think they are cleverer than everyone else . Stupidity 

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Mad then. An 8 year deal . Thats 3 years of extra risk if he gets badly injured or even flops a little and they buy someone else who they deem better. Feels like they think they are cleverer than everyone else . Stupidity 

Given their age, they're expecting that they'll be at peak value in 5 years time. They won't want to have to give them a new contract just before then to make money from selling them.

It's kind of stupid, because if they turn in to world class superstars they'll want a new deal anyway... and if they don't get one they'll kick up a fuss and you don't want those kind of players stuck on your books. 

Gamble territory for sure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If he's worth 120m now, after 50 PL appearances, what will he apparently be worth at 26/27? 500m?

Probably 7 million after coming off his 4th loan in a row to the Greek league

18 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's crazy how Chelsea are spending yet again this summer. I don't see how you can financially keep running a club like that without facing issues. 

They sell players for large sums also. 

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They sell players for large sums also. 

A lot of those players were champions league winners, no guarantee that the current batch will be. Of course the footballing finances are gone so insane with the Saudi blood money making things worse that they will probably get away with this stupidity.

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

A lot of those players were champions league winners, no guarantee that the current batch will be. Of course the footballing finances are gone so insane with the Saudi blood money making things worse that they will probably get away with this stupidity.

I didn't say it was a good strategy. The poster asked how they were spending so much money, I explained that it is partly funded by selling so many players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I didn't say it was a good strategy. The poster asked how they were spending so much money, I explained that it is partly funded by selling so many players.

I think the issue with the selling of players for them is how are they going to make ffp profit on some of these players they spent so big on?

85m on mudryk?

110m on caideo?

75m Fernandez?

Afew examples

Like us of we sold lamara in 2 years for 60m thats a 60m ffp profit for us. Not many clubs are going to overpay for these players so i can see chelsea making big losses on the players that flop

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the issue with the selling of players for them is how are they going to make ffp profit on some of these players they spent so big on?

85m on mudryk?

110m on caideo?

75m Fernandez?

Afew examples

Like us of we sold lamara in 2 years for 60m thats a 60m ffp profit for us. Not many clubs are going to overpay for these players so i can see chelsea making big losses on the players that flop

And that is the issue they have, given those players are pretty much all on 8 year contracts.

Mudryk let's say was bought for around £85 million (his fee was mostly based on add-ons) in January on an 8.5 year deal, so that means the deal is depreciated by 10 million a year. If he is still at the club for example in January 2026 (3 years from signing), his book value would be £55 million and still have 5.5 years left on his contract, meaning that if Chelsea looked to move him on, it will be very difficult for Chelsea to make a FFP profit. If a Chelsea manager comes in and says Mudryk is crap and I want my own players, then Chelsea will have big issues trying to sell him and that goes for each and everyone of their signings. The only way Chelsea can alleviate a transfer flop is possibly to loan them out on a season-by-season basis just to cover the costs of that year in terms of wages.

They have sold a lot of academy players over the years and I reckon that will have to continue for the foreseeable future. The current crop of the likes of Chalobah, Colwill, Gallagher, Broja and Maatsen all likely have limited futures at Chelsea for this reason.

Edited by Ceemo

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

85m on mudryk?

110m on caideo?

75m Fernandez?

Fernandez was £107m

• Thanks 1

Chelseas midfield kindergarten continues ... is that 2 x 19 year olds, 1 x 20  1 x  21 1 x22 and 1 x 23 ? 

Or to put another way. Just One midfeilder older than Jacob Ramsey 

Edited by MWARLEY2

If it was just Chelsea doing this I would be mad but someone has to counter these state run clubs. Without some sort of spending cap this was always going to be the end game for European football. 

Â