coda

43 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Increasing commercial revenue is easy - just do what Chelsea do! 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/09/chelsea-shirt-sponsorship-deal-value-infinity-management/

I was shocked how insideous football is with all the connected ownership of other businesses in the football ecosystem. It's a massive conflict of interest that has gone unchecked for far too long. 

Huh, maybe this deal is evidence of crooked dealings. I stand corrected @thabucks!

Edited by Sam-AVFC

47 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Increasing commercial revenue is easy - just do what Chelsea do! 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/09/chelsea-shirt-sponsorship-deal-value-infinity-management/

I was shocked how insideous football is with all the connected ownership of other businesses in the football ecosystem. It's a massive conflict of interest that has gone unchecked for far too long. 

Knew there had to be a link in there somewhere.  £40m, regardless of the financials of the company in question, is not good value for money. No independent company is offering that. 

When you throw in the fact the company doesn't turnover that much anyway, it becomes a clear example of the linked ownership. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Chelsea signing lavia. Where the hell are they going to fit every body?

They have less games than last season than last year too. Did they not learn anything from last season?

They dont have any midfielders. Only have Fernandez, Gallagher and Chuk

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They dont have any midfielders. Only have Fernandez, Gallagher and Chuk

Havent they got ugochukwu and santos too? Also i think i read poch was going to use casadei too.

If you look at their squad as a whole its huge

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Havent they got ugochukwu and santos too? Also i think i read poch was going to use casadei too.

If you look at their squad as a whole its huge

They have loaned Casadei out to Leicester and Ugochukwu is going on loan next to France

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They have loaned Casadei out to Leicester and Ugochukwu is going on loan next to France

On a micro level you're right of course, they don't have many midfielders in part because they're loaning some of their recent purchases, but on a more macro level I kind of think the point is maybe they should actually play some of the players they've signed? Rather than doing yet more endless loaning? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On a micro level you're right of course, they don't have many midfielders in part because they're loaning some of their recent purchases, but on a more macro level I kind of think the point is maybe they should actually play some of the players they've signed? Rather than doing yet more endless loaning? 

Oh I agree. Its a club in identity crisis as they still think they are a top tier team and can loan these players out

Poch must be confused what he walked into

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They realky are a wierd club. 

They are, I really don’t have anything against Tyler Adams he’s and ok midfielder but the difference between him and the others who they’ve let go is night and day.

Edited by gwi1890

There's a chance you know that if Chelsea have got this right, with the right bit of managerial organisation they could come out of it with  fantastic football team.

They're signing some amazing young talent - if it fits together they could suddenly become very competitive.

I'm not sure this is as crazy as it looks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a chance you know that if Chelsea have got this right, with the right bit of managerial organisation they could come out of it with  fantastic football team.

They're signing some amazing young talent - if it fits together they could suddenly become very competitive.

Agreed. I said this about them last season, and the need to be patient with the manager, but they've gone and got a better manager and even more quality young talent. If they just chill, trust the guy in charge, don't panic if they don't all click immediately, they could be in a brilliant position. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree, could actually see them getting top 4 if it clicks. 
The team has goals in it (although Nkunku is a big loss), Poch likes working with younger players and they don’t have the distraction/extra games of Europe .

Â